Disney Plus - General Discussion

I personally loved it.

But the latest films still end up on Disney plus a few weeks before our newly reopened cinema gets them (the one covid bankrupted) even with waiting.

I’d gladly still pay for the films I wanna see.

The price increase of the ad free plan isnt particularly surprising and I assume Netflix will do this, or just make the basic plan the ad supported one.

I do wonder what will happen when it launches in the UK in terms of the other companies giving out Disney+ e.g. O2, Samsung, and Tesco Clubcard. Will these change to the basic or premium plan? What about Clubcard vouchers already exchanged?

In terms of myself, I am currently on the annual plan but have bought a couple of Clubcard vouchers as they are currently cheaper at £6 worth of vouchers for 3 months. They don’t expire for another year. However, I dont want to sit through adverts for the Disney+ shows so I wouldn’t have bought this if it turns out that they are only for the basic plan.

1 Like

Decided to try contacting Disney+ customer support about it. Quick responses but as expected, the agent themselves doesn’t know the answer but is consulting a higher department about it.

To be honest, I think it is something they should have prepared for. It is obvious that they would get these sorts of questions when they announced an actual launch date, even for another country. Hopefully the higher department has thought about this.

And unsurprisingly, they dont have any information about it as they haven’t confirmed the ad tier here.

I didn’t expect an answer, but it does make these sorts of voucher purchases a tiny bit stressful and makes you feel like you are gambling your “money” on something that you might not even be wanting.

All the pirates will be raising their sails to go treasure hunting… :skull_and_crossbones:

Some will, but I doubt Disney will care. It is still good value when compared with HBO Max and Netflix, plus Disney’s streaming services (so Hulu, ESPN+, and Disney+) have overtaken Netflix in terms of subscription numbers.

1 Like

I did just watch Wayward Pines again through Disney. I’m so annoyed how it finished. Cancelled after season two :tired_face:

Just watched Prey on Disney +

Cant see how it’s supposed to be a horror, but enjoyed it all the same :grin:

I had mixed feelings about it. Wasn’t a bad story as a whole.

So Prime, Disney+ and Netflix all put prices up, just waiting on Apple TV+ now.

Apple TV+ is part of the eco system and mainly part of Apple One. They are still trying to build subscribers so doubt they will yet. Apple One on the other hand…. (Although if they increase that the component parts may need adjusting so still seen as a good deal I suppose).

1 Like

I current have the middle tier of Apple One which I share with my other half, I do wish I could swap what comes in the bundle as we don’t use Arcade.

1 Like

You should try Mini Metro - I’m addicted.

7 Likes

Also try outlanders (iPad/ bigger screen preferable) and skate city (phone). Both great.

1 Like

Whilst Disney have overtaken Netflix in subscribers numbers, its streaming arm is still losing over $1 billion a quarter. I guess its trying to recoup that.

Disney‘s streaming effort is still losing money, reporting a loss of $1.1bn for the quarter. That put a drag on the media and entertainment unit, whose profit declined by 32% to nearly $1.4bn.

2 Likes

I think that is common for streamers at the moment. I think in order to make a profit, most of them would have to charge quite ridiculous prices.

Anyway, I don’t think any price is enough for me to unsubscribe from Disney+. A lot of their Star content is really good, and obviously, I don’t want to miss anything from Marvel or Star Wars. Plus it is always nice to watch a Disney or Pixar film from time to time. It is definitely my favourite streaming service.

2 Likes

Feels a bit hyperbolic to me.

They have more streaming customers in total but not just for Disney Plus.

They’ve also been massively underpriced for the first two years. Will be interesting to see how much churn they experience after meaningfully raising prices.

Not to say it isn’t a solid service.

2 Likes

I think it’s worth it for Solitaire :clubs: :smile:

1 Like

Those who have Disney+, does it have The Killing on it? Online it says it does but I can’t verify if the UK catalogue includes it or not without subscribing. The one with Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman

It does

This is a very useful website/app that I use to see if a particular show or movie is on a streaming service that I use… JustWatch - Streaming Search Engine for Movies and TV Series

3 Likes