Disney Plus - General Discussion

Have you tried the motorways one?

2 Likes

I think I saw it but never downloaded it. Isn’t it essentially the same?

1 Like

Very similar. I prefer the trains

2 Likes

Now tv opened the ads door, so I assume it will be the first step, cheaper price with ads and charge extra to be ad-free.

The Killing is awesome. Highly recommended.

1 Like

I can attest to this. Watched it when it was on Netflix years ago and now wanting to rewatch it.

How reliable is that gift card code method linked above? It feels very shady – don’t want to end up with Disney banning me…

I bought it when it was first posted it here but only activated it the week before last as had to wait for my subscription to end.

I got worried when i went back to get the code and the How to Use instructions had disappeared but a quick google took me to the Disney + redeem a code page and all went through fine and has worked perfectly since.

The only thing to note is that it appears they’re reselling Samsung Codes as the confirmation page after confirming talks about Thank you for purchasing from Samsung or something like that. Overall though it seems to work fine and as long as it does it’s a bargain

2 Likes

Watched She Hulk: Attorney at Law. I wasn’t sure what to expect but I liked it mostly. Looking forward to seeing how it develops. The thing that caused the crash was interesting and I’m sure means setting up for a future film or series.

2 Likes

I thought was pretty good tbf. Better than Ms Marvel

1 Like
2 Likes

Anyone else watching Andor?

It’s been fairly slow so far. Lots of build up so hoping it eventually pays off.

I can’t get into it. Where’s Grogu.

Waiting for Mando to find him!

Andor is BBY, Mandolorian is after Return of the Jedi.

1 Like

It’s all background noise til the Baba comes on :joy: other half seems to be enjoying it.

I enjoyed the mandalorian, but then that spin-off with one of the characters from the show put me off the franchise. Was too boring and I barely made it through two episodes. After that I didn’t bother with any of the other Star Wars tv shows either.

I have to say I absolutely love it. I love the spy theme and how it’s playing out to be honest and I want to watch rogue one again because of it.

2 Likes

Spy theme you say? Might give this one a try then. How important are the other shows for context?

The whole arrow verse thing ruined Arrow for me.

I mean I love rogue one and although it’s a bit slow burn I am really liking it and how it could be linking into the later stuff.
You don’t need to watch anything to be honest.

It’s basically the build up to the creation of the rebellion I believe.

1 Like

I think Andor is actually better for not trying to shoehorn in existing characters all the time… lets the story evolve naturally. Breaking the link with existing canon often helps (the same thing happened when discovery ended up in a post starfleet future, it got immeasurably better).

3 Likes

I think it’s been average at best to be honest.