Disney Plus - General Discussion

Yes. Purchased today and got Disney up and running :grinning:

Thanks, I’ve bought it :slight_smile: can’t activate it until the end of the month because of current subscription but fingers crossed it’s all good

I renewed in April :man_shrugging::roll_eyes:

I looked at it, and it says it needs to be activated before 11th June 2023 so you should be able to buy it for next year’s renewal.

Did you use Monzo?

Getting a payment rejected message from the website. Sadness.

1 Like

Yep. I did.
My main card though, not a virtual card.

1 Like

Hmm. Virtual (one via Google Pay and one directly) and Flex virtual both rejected. Gonna try the physical card now. #ForScience

Update: science says no.

2 Likes

Are you required to add your address to the order? Sometimes they are incredibly picky if it doesn’t match exactly

2 Likes

Hmm it didn’t ask. Will try again tomorrow…

Seems a strange change to make. The only reason I can think of is that they want to bring it back and they preferred the AKA Jessica Jones name.

Also, I have only seen series 1 of Daredevil and Jessica Jones of the old Netflix shows so please no spoilers or anything if you want to discuss them!

3 Likes

Thanks! Just signed up with this :smiley:

Lightyear just got added :rocket:

3 Likes

Is it included or an extra fee?

Edit: my app loaded, it’s included.

Included. Also I think they have scrapped extra fees :+1:

2 Likes

Extra fees are for Premiere Access; select new films released directly to Disney Plus.

Lightyear has already had a cinematic release.

Signed back up for Disney earlier and 4 year old has watched lightyear twice already, he loved it in cinema. Hadn’t heard of the premiere access Ravi mentioned, must check out what is released on it in coming months.

Yeah it was more a case that after Jungle Cruise Disney talked about scraping it, and gave a wishy-washy we don’t have any future plans to release any more like that but don’t say never.

These were the five experiments. I would imagine the feedback was “£20?! :grimacing: what for that, I’ll wait”.

1 Like

I think I posted here at the time but there was a big hooha over Black Widow released at the same time.

1 Like

Some information about the launch of the ad supported tier in America

1 Like

Pretty steep jump. Not sure the justification for it?

Is there even one?

Doesn’t much matter though. The original price felt undervalued to me. £10.99 is about on the spot I reckon. Netflix should be at the £7.99 spot honestly. (I’m assuming we’ll see similar increases here and rather than proper conversion the $ will be swapped with a £)

3 Likes