Design Poll: How often are you paid and pay bills?

I get paid every Monday (weekly) as a self employed contractor and all bills are setup to be paid at the beginning of each month.

Have you tried out Summary yet? It’s our new version of Spending, which allows you to select a recent incoming payment to start your month from that date. It’s just a first version, and we’re working on adding more flexibility to it at the moment.

you can try out Summary by heading to the Monzo Labs page within your Account settings. Hope this helps!

Yes all seems good now more income transactions have come up to select.

Is there an update coming for android soon?

My salary January to November is 25th (or closest weekday). For some reason, likely Christmas, in December pay comes in on 20th (or closest weekday) making November pay calendar ~5 days shorter and January ~5 days longer :man_facepalming:

Monthly for all

I worked in a firm where salary came on the 28th normally but 15th in December, which made January a very long month :frowning: Now having pots to be able to hide the money from the 15th to the 28th would be really handy.

Elaborating for other: I get paid on the last working day of the month (or before depending on if that day doesn’t fall on a weekday).

Bill’s mostly come out monthly around the 1st - 4th of the month

Just found and trying out as we speak, thank you :raised_hands:t2::grimacing::grinning:

My salary is usually the day before / last working day of the month.

Most bills are monthly apart from rent which is week based but i pay the correct amount each month.

I normally get paid on the last working day of the month… except in December, where I get paid either on the 20th or on the last working day before the 20th (e.g. Friday the 19th) and have to adjust the budget accordingly… :cold_sweat:

1 Like

The below posts were moved here from this topic -

Good progress, but for those of us who don’t get paid monthly allow us to change period as well as date. As currently summary and predictive spending is useless for us.
I couldn’t see this in the big list, this is a much needed feature for me to switch.

If you don’t get paid monthly, does it follow that you don’t budget monthly? (I know you don’t but I don’t know that that means everyone doesn’t).

I don’t get paid monthly but budget from the start of the tax year so monthly from the 6th of one month to the 5th of the next month

The budget has to be modified each month as direct debits and other payments are all monthly based.
I have to use a spreadsheet,where I have dates for each payment. That way I delete any payment which doesn’t fall in that “month” 13 paypackets each year. This feature is far more important than those paid monthly, and there’s a fair few people who are paid weekly, that must be even worse.

Should be able to select how often you get paid, then it can predict what comes out before next payday and how much you have left to spend.

But the tax year starts on April 6th?

2 Likes

I can’t get my head round that! It sounds fiendishly complex but then weeks and months never align and I guess that’s all part of the issue.

Hello :wave: I’ve moved these posts here to save anyone repeating what’s already been said in this thread. Needless to say there are a wide range of timeframes & payment frequencies for Monzo to consider but fortunately they’re aware of that :slight_smile:

Yep 6th to the 5th I meant. I slept 2 hours last night and it is getting to me! :sleepy:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.