Monzo is just getting better and better, keep it up!
One improvement which would be really helpful for me, is the ability to have more control over scheduling repeat payments.
I would like to have the ability to:
Schedule a repeat payment to occur every 4 weeks from the start date
Schedule a payment to be made at a specific time in the day
Schedule payments using a calendar.
Schedule a payment to occur depending on the balance of my account
This is because I get paid every 4 weeks, and I would like the ability to move my money for my bills into another account almost immediately (Until Pots is improved then I’m 100% Monzo) after the money enters my monzo account.
Then, just before pay day, depending on what I have left over, I would like the ability to move a set amount into a savings account or a Pot of my choice.
This would be a cool feature and I think relatively simple to implement?
I want to change to using my Monzo account from my old account, but can’t because I can’t make quarterly payments on a specific day of the month. This doesn’t seem to be all that unique. I need more granular control of scheduling.
We’ve already done a lot of work on new kinds of payment schedules (back when we first implemented CASS). For example, our systems now support “every four weeks” and “the last day of the month, every 3 months”.
I can’t promise anything, but I think we’re hoping to update our apps to support these new payment schedules in the next few months
We’re also thinking about extending Summary to give you the option to budget every 4 weeks
Could really be doing with this feature for both transfers and recurring payments! I know Android has this on some android versions/devices but it’s very inconsistent across the entire Monzo experience