Cryptocurrency Chat

Got to love a far fetched article based on nothing but some blokes speculation.

That last line:

“However, he stated that cryptocurrencies and the technology behind them offer a radical improvement in financial services.”

2 Likes
1 Like

Can I have your iris please :upside_down_face:

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2021/10/more-than-100000-people-have-had-their-eyes-scanned-for-free-cryptocurrency/

2 Likes

Unrelated to anything I just had to tell someone (/everyone).

I was playing around with an ancient files and I found a bitcoin wallet that I created years ago and had completely forgotten about. It has 1.2 btc in it. I think I must have been playing around with them, I have only vague memories.

So… this is a good day I think I’ll order a Big Mac and a few sides to celebrate :tada: Now to try and sell them and see the panic this puts my account in to.

7 Likes

Isn’t 1.2 btc tens of thousands of pounds?

Edit: £52k? :scream: or am I looking at the wrong place :rofl:

1 Like

No, that’s about right :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I imagine it’ll be less by the time it’s sold and moreover I’m ok the process of splitting up with my civil partner which means half will be his. But still, yeah, it’s a good day

2 Likes

Holy sh*t what a find! Congrats!

Spend it wisely please :pray: don’t get giddy and splurge on loads of crap. It would make a very healthy house deposit for example and see you good for many years to come. Boring I know, but got to be said :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’d say the opposite

Go crazy and get a McFlurry

4 Likes

Edited that for you :laughing:

1 Like

Okay but I’m allowed this McFlurry right? :smile:

Honestly, it will probably go towards one of us buying the other out of our property, which had been a worry, so it’s well timed

edit: oh lord the solicitors are going to love this :sweat_smile:. Where did that 50k come from. No, really

2 Likes

:open_mouth:

Once the McFlurry party is over, don’t forget to leave some money set aside for the tax bill :sweat_smile:

Heck, maybe you could even contact your local press, as it’s a nice reverse of all the “I locked my laptop/threw out my USB stick by accident” stories :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

yes good point, capital gains I guess. 20%?

Okay I need an accountant and a solicitor :money_with_wings:

1 Like

Holy shit, your Wednesday must’ve just got an awful lot better! Congratulations! :champagne:

(I’d say you can even afford to make it a large meal!)

And yes as @HoldenCarver says the press would probably lap this up haha!

1 Like

I’d have written a similar post if I found £20 in a coat I hadn’t worn for a while.

Jeeeees.

1 Like

Hope you paid capital gains tax on that :grinning:

1 Like

Which bank do you think you’re going to use to get the money withdrawn as fiat? Not sure which is least likely to freeze your account and interrogate the hell out of you with such a sizeable withdrawal from an exchange!

1 Like

I’d also be pretending I hadn’t found it yet, wait for that civil partnership to be finished(? I presume divorced is the wrong word?) and then treat yourself. Don’t listen to rudedog and his sensibility!

Good job there’s no evidence online

3 Likes