Crowdcube request to change Investor Nominee Terms

(Jamie 🏳️‍🌈) #288

Then CrowdCube should have factored–in everything you deem reasonable to the Ts&Cs in the first place, surely?

(Carl ) #289

Hi All. I just wondered if anyone else is having an issue when they try to vote? As it stands I haven’t been able to vote.

I am clicking the link in the 18 February email but this takes me to a Crowdcube error page which states “An unexpected error occurred”. I have notified Crowdcube and chased them this morning for a response.

Just thought I’d mention it here.

Not loading for me either

(Jamie 🏳️‍🌈) #291

Keep trying, and if you’re unable to vote by the deadline (14:00 hours, 18th March) it may be worth complaining officially, as the result may not be valid.

Access should not be intermittent, or randomised if they developed their “…voting processes in accordance with the FCA rules and guidelines…”

Maybe @Hannah_Crowdcube can confirm or give some guidance?

(Kolok) #293

Eh keep quiet and then after the closing date void the vote

Was going to vote tonight and the link is not working, I think this voids the vote now anyway, you can’t hold a vote and then not allow people access to the vote.
@Hannah_Crowdcube can you confirm before the national press get wind of this please

(Hannah Rowe) #295

Hello everyone,

Please accept our apologies for the technical issue we are experiencing with the vote. We are looking into it with our tech team as a matter of urgency, and I will update you all once it is working again.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

(Hannah Rowe) #297

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that the voting page has now been fixed. We have sent an email to everyone who has both voted and not yet voted to inform you of this. Those of you who have not yet voted will also shortly receive a reminder email with a link to submit your vote.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any confusion or concern caused by this error.

If you have any questions, please do let me know by emailing support@crowdcube.com

Thank you,
Hannah

Thanks for the update.

Would it be possible to provide some details on: What went wrong? How long the voting page down for? Were any votes affected in any way?

(Hannah Rowe) #299

Hello @saf,

The voting page was down from Tuesday evening until Friday afternoon of this week, while we worked to fix the error.

Votes were not affected. Anyone votes made before the page went down are still counted, and we have extended the voting deadline until Tuesday at 2pm to account for this error.

(l8n.me) #300

I guess we need not bother the national press now. It’s not like they have much else to report on currently.

(Brexit Day Is Gonna Be Shamayzing.) #301

I’d still vote no

So this afternoon I went to vote (no) and… apparently I’d already voted yes! I’ve certainly not done this on purpose, it’s possible it was a fat finger moment from when I first opened the email but I don’t think so.

So - anybody else had this happen? I’ve emailed CrowdCube, but is there anything else I can do?

((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #303

Someone asked this earlier and was told that votes cannot be changed. Hannah is a verified crowdcube representative and said the below:

If you are unsure then ask for a copy of all details they hold for your vote, they should have a immutable(?) record somewhere, then compare that with what you understood to have happened.

Maybe the voting process is not clear, or something went wrong amongst the malfunction from Tuesday to Friday. I am sure they will appreciate feedback, also I suspect they would like to ensure the integrity of votes is upheld above all else.

(Kevyn) #305

I was planning to say this. If they can have errors which mean the voting system goes offline, they may have errors elsewhere.

(Kolok) #306

Ask them for the i.p. address and what device was used etc , they can definitely tell you this , and see if it matches any of your devices.

(Johnny Walker) #307

Hannah, if you add the aforementioned specifics about the scenarios where fees would be charged to the agreement I’ll happily sign it. If what you say is true, and they would only be charged in very exceptional circumstances, then outline them in the agreement as you have here.

(Edward) #308

That lack of specificity is why I voted no. If Crowdcube better define the specific scenarios in which we would be giving up control of funds and shares and why each if those amendments are necessary then that may be more agreeable at a later date.