Creating webhook

Hi, I’m new to developing and I’ve been trying to work with Monzo’s Developer playground. Does anyone know a guide or a tutorial I can follow to establish a webhook from my monzo account to get my transactions in real time?
If anyone can tell me how to get started on this, it would be of great help!

2 Likes

Make sure you keep all your webhooks ids after creating them as the api is bugged so these can’t retrieved later. This could result in registering multiple webhooks and getting spammed when a transaction occurs

Had the same question. Did you ever find a guide?

We have docs here: Monzo API Reference if thats helpful?

1 Like

Which programming language do you prefer?

The docs don’t really explain how to set up a test/development environment or anything. From what I can see if you wanna verify this even works you already need to have a server and an endpoint set up and there’s no room for verifying it will work or getting an idea of the result

You can register webhooks to your dev machine using a static external IP for testing. I have this set up so if you need additional help tag me and let me know where you’re struggling.

If you haven’t got a static IP address (usually the case if you are on a ‘cheaper’ broadband connection) or you are interacting with services which require a host name - have a look at https://ngrok.com/

3 Likes