Contactless over £30

You need to combine Pay+ with a Tesco Bank credit card to get more club card points (especially if you make a lot of small transactions like me)

I didn’t realise you could pay contactless with apple pay for any amount ( as contactless is only £30 )

Is it safe to use, is it any good ?
I don’t like putting my card details into places other than Paypal.

Thanks

I use Google/Apple Pay all the time. I even have my card saved in Chrome. :upside_down_face:

You can use ApplePay on any contactless terminal up to £30. If the terminal is upgraded to support CDCVM then any limit can be used - this is usually advertised to the customer as supports ApplePay and GooglePay.

The same liability rules that apply to card transactions also apply to ApplePay so there’s no change there and it’s arguably safer since you need to approve the transactions with your TouchID or FaceID first

2 Likes
1 Like

Thanks guys.
Im happy to just use contactless via my card only as i dont see much benefit of using it on my phone

Just so you know, Aldi accept apple pay payments of any amount

The majority of big retailers do now I believe, I paid for my iPad via apple pay :scream: (it was satisfying).
One exception is Tesco? I think they are trying to force people to use their stupid pay+ system.

I like having it on my phone so I don’t have to carry as much with me, I often forget my wallet so it’s easier :smiley:
it’s very rare you come across somewhere that accepts card but not contactless / apple pay.

1 Like

It’s so annoying - it’s the only reason I can think of as to why Tesco haven’t enabled full ApplePay!

1 Like

@glasgow
Have you tried Asda, do they support unlimited via apple pay ?

If i try to pay via Apple pay for something over £30 and the machine doesn’t accept this amount, will it lock my account ?

No it will just ask you to insert the card into the reader

1 Like

Nice one thanks.

Just asking because I occasionally use Asda and i’ve heard some saying they do unlimited and some do £30 so guessing it’s down to the specific store.

If Aldi do it then im sure Asda can

I have no idea sorry!

1 Like

Asda do £30 max. Work there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks !
Even with Apple Pay ?

Been doing a bit of research on other forums and, there, too, consensus is that Asda only accept upto £30

The best and quickest thing to do is just try it and if it doesn’t, oh well :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

If it’s multiple items that add up to £30, you could always split the check-out into 2 separate ones… it’s just if a single item costs more, you might be stuck!!

The following are a list of UK retailers that will accept Apple Pay transactions over £30.

Clothes and fashion :
Burberry
Dune
New Look
Uniqlo

Fuel :
BP
Shell

Grocery :
Aldi
Co-op
Home Bargains
Lidl
Marks & Spencer
Morrisons
Sainsbury’s
Waitrose

Restaurants :
Bill’s
Burger & Lobster
Café Rouge
Costa
McDonald’s
Nando’s
Pizza Express
Pizza Hut
Pret a Manger
Starbucks
TGI Fridays
Wagamamas
Wetherspoons

Other Retailers :
Apple Stores
Argos
Boots
Cabs
Halfords
Harvey Nichols
Hotel Chocolat
Ikea
Liberty
Moto Services
Nike
Specsavers
Superdrug
Transport for London

2 Likes

Even my local off-license shop with a Barclays-supplied terminal accepts unlimited contactless via Apple Pay, so it’s not only the big merchants.

4 Likes