Competitor update

I believe the £12 charge is for expedited delivery; normal delivery should be around £5.
At least it was so last week when I helped a friend order one.

Edit:

I got the following from their site:

If you paid £12 for normal delivery, I’d suggest that you contact them.

There is a 5 pound option but I do agree they should tell you upfront. I don’t use it, but the Loot card is amazing

What are your favorite things about the Loot card/app Si? Genuinely curious. Healthy competition is great for all.

The only negative with loot is it takes up too 2 hours to load money . They say this will be’s changed to support Apple Pay and debit card load in the next month,I have paid in several times & never failed to be in the account within 2
Hours .
The pluses are quite substantial, you have an account number, you have a sort code, so I can pay people and people can pay me, that is huge for someone without a banking license! there are no fees for using your card, the card has a superior transparent design, the app is fully functional and in real time, A huge benefit is that I can pay anyone in the world by just adding the name account number and sort code . Something Loot are doing even as an E money provider, which it seems could only happen here with a banking license. You do not have to top up with £100, the card is free, customer services are very responsive and they also have a telephone contact number. This seems to be a bank in all but name and license. And once again the card is absolutely stunning, if you are into design it’s a real winner. In a recent poll here over a third of customers said they were not happy with the hot coral/orange/pink card. I certainly am not is far too loud and tacky. It’s so non-neutral A colour you either love it or hate it like marmite! And when I third of your customers are unhappy with something its best that you actually do something about it? Rather than state this is the colour it’s going to be? That kind of attitude makes people think no it’s not I’m going to another provider!. In short it seems they have achieved everything that Mondo are trying to achieve but they have done it without a license. I have long been unhappy with the roadmap seeming to be more driven by staff at Mondo and not by customer demand, there is an air of arrogance that I just don’t like when Mondo say the card is staying coral regardless of how many customers don’t like it. That just left a bad taste in my mouth and is the reason why Im using Loot for all my spending and Mondo is now a back up . If you’re not fast your last! This is exactly why Apple Pay functionality should’ve been way up the road map list of priorities so that we don’t have to get a card out if we are part of the third of customers don’t like it we can just use our phone. But now obviously this is not important to the people of Mondo. There are several threads were people are asking for Apple Pay functionality and I kept told after the account numbers and sort codes? Why? Because you had a meeting! Listen to your customers or you will fail

3 Likes

Hi :wave: - I’d love Apple Pay too but Monzo have been quite transparent about their decision to hold back for now. As I understand it - it would involve some spend to get this functionality going in the prepaid card phase which would then be obsolete once the full accounts launch. At that point they would have A/C and sort codes too - you could reasses your Loot vs Monzo hierarchy then :wink:. What about the Loot app - any major functionality differences?

:wave::wave: Hi , What ever it involves Loot has already done it and I am using loot to transfer from my high street bank to my loot account. Sorry but don’t agree with your stance. I now use Loot for every transaction I do they are in a profit from me not Mondo. Yeh great . Keep on losing money

Does loot support apple pay?

It makes absolute sense for Monzo to focus on core features, like becoming a bank, over niche stuff like Apple/Android Pay.

I can’t get my head around why people care so much about the colour of a bank card… I never even remove mine from my wallet, I just tap the whole wallet against the contactless sensor.

5 Likes

Agreed. The more time we give the great people at Monzo to focus on becoming a full bank, the quicker we all get our hands on it :tada:

Then when that weight has been lifted, they can focus on to moving on to some more trivial items :smile:

5 Likes

I tried loot, then I moved to Android and support is non existent and their Android app literally doesn’t exist yet, their team is small and don’t respond nearly as quickly as monzo. I’d rather wait for full fscs approval to make sure all my money is safe -loot could fold tomorrow and all your money could disappear., and that’s never going to change because they’re never going to further than an emoney license… I see where you’re coming from with the iPhone functionality but I think monzo is already a step above the competition there.

We probably care about #cardgate colour in this small community but the general public sure as hell won’t care when it’s launched, it’s not like you go around seeing comparing the beauty of their NatWest card with Barclay’s lol.

Been able to get your head around the fact that know one hat size fits all, I suppose different things mean different things to different things to 2 different people. And you cannot use your wallet if you have more than one contactless card as most people do it won’t work

1 Like

I just tried. In case anyone else is wondering Loot does not support Apple Pay, you can’t even top up the card using Apple Pay.
And as previously mentioned top ups by bank transfer take a while to appear.

Yes, you have a bank account number. But you can only make payments in and out via an account number. No support for paym or pay you contacts

Their support team takes on average two days to reply according to the in app stats.

The virtual savings pots they have are a nice to have, but seem poorly implemented.

1 Like

No but
Neither does Monzo for payments…I already stated that they only allow bank transfers but it’s always in your account within two hours. & I also said they will have Applepay & Debit card top up very shortly. They do have account numbers & sort codes & I can send money to any one in world free. & the card is free . Can you do that with Monzo? Also I find their customer services pretty quick for me. In fact I got the information about Loot from this thread. & I’m loving it.

It is not on the Faster Payments Scheme official website yet but Starling Bank became the first of the digital-only challenger banks to join the Faster Payments Scheme this week.

The 13th direct participant of Faster Payments and the first next-generation bank to connect directly to the payment system.

2 Likes

Yep! I saw that as well.

The article is here: https://www.finextra.com/newsarticle/30023/starling-bank-joins-faster-payments-as-direct-member

1 Like

Funny that they chose to announce this before any of their members could actually use the service (the accounts haven’t launched yet & look at how the statement is worded) but hey, it’s more PR :clap:

2 Likes

HSBC closing more 62 branches and offshoring 200 UK IT roles. Almost 120 (branches) just this year:

1 Like

I really find the tone of your comments so counter productive. Furthermore, I wholeheartedly disagree with your line of argument. Great - you can send money to different people using Loot and can use Apple Pay. This is all much of a muchness that can be done with most High Street Banks. I don’t think you quite understand that Monzo is differentiating itself from all other high street banks and banking startups by using their own infrastructure. This is the long run will lead to the ability to innovate and come up with new features that will far surpass anything we see today.

But Hey, if using a transparent card that plugs into the world of ancient I.T infrastructure with a flash app on top rocks your world…

5 Likes

Enjoying the discussion here guys, but lets try and keep things friendly and respectful so the thread stays on track! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

we are grown ups … no abuse here !