I can’t see the point for 0.02% so mine’s staying in Santander.
5.20% AER and 5.08% gross. Doesn’t matter whether it’s paid monthly or annually provided that you leave the interest in the account.
Metro is 5.22% AER and 5.10% gross.
A couple of things, firstly I only moved a proportion of the total from Santander, I like having money split around a few accounts, having now looked around the Metro Bank website , I must throw that into their one year fixed at 5.8%.
Suddenly my and a friend’s Chip app shows a rate of 8.59% for their instant access account. Bug or new rate?
I had totally forgotten about chip (as an investor!) - good to see they didn’t go broke (yet).
The ‘Key Features’ document still says the rate is 4.27% (Boosted), so no idea what this 8.59% figure is all about.
I clicked into the thread thinking they had and that’s what the new post was about!
Mine’s showing 4.01% AER, which is correct.
Chip no longer offers good value at least on the savings accounts. What is the point of offering the instant and easy access at such a similar rate? ISA is only competitive when boosted. I wonder what their crowdfunders think as I’m sure their whole marketing was about offering the bank of England rate?
I voted with my feet and closed mine
Once you close your account, I’ve heard you can’t go back.
Wouldn’t worry about that. I ‘closed’ mine a year or so back and I still get balance updates from them now and again.
I’ve closed mine twice now. Still in the app.
No desire to go back
Since Barclays Premier are dropping the Rainy Saver to less than 4%, have just applied for and opened a Chip saver to move my emergency fund into.
So far everything’s gone smoothly, opened in a few minutes, linked to my designated current account, £5k moved across instantly.
Haven’t tried withdrawals yet but if they’re instant I’m happy for the next year at 4.2% variable.
Have used them for around 4 years. Never had an issue.
all I know is I closed my account twice and I can still log into it
I’ve recently opened the 5.1% saver and I’d say everything gone pretty smooth so far and I do trust Chip. A hell of a lot more than I trust some others like Plum, who I tried to open and use a cash ISA with but was so unnerved by their weird emoji usage (
?!?!?) and the fact that withdrawing is a multi step process takes so long.
If you want a referral to chip I have one for us both to get £50 but unsure how to share here…
I really like them so far. Withdrawals and deposits are near instant. I’ve been able to unlink and relink a different bank account. No issues at all.
I like how it shows you how much interest you’ve accumulated and when it’s paid etc.
I get 4.2%, I assume I can’t get the higher rate now I’ve already got an account.


