Chat's currently closed

I completely understand A/B testing and how it can be beneficial but, IMHO, some things should just work. Customers being able to contact their bank for support is one of the things that should not be messed about with. By all means use these tests to find the best location for the button or to see what wording is clearest. Don’t make it a lottery though!

12 Likes

Agreed. I think Monzo have really messed up on this area.

7 Likes

Absolutely and this is doubly so for an online-only bank, where the phone line is only for emergencies and the chat is supposed to be the primary access to support.

7 Likes

There’s no A/B testing on overnight chat. Sounds like you’re now hitting one of the criteria for access overnight, whereas before you weren’t.

In the past couple of months I’ve changed my job title on Experian, everything else is the same.

Unless monzo have changed some thresholds.

How are you certain there’s no A/B testing, did a staff member say it here?

Beleive it’s a staff member on a personal account :blush:

2 Likes

Does it make much difference? Either its A/B testing they aren’t telling us about, or some secret criteria you need to fulfil? Either way the effect is pretty similar - you may or may not see it and Monzo won’t tell you why :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Well I was kind of hoping it would be coming back for everyone.

3 Likes

Glass half full :smile:

Actually here’s a more serious thought. The criteria might not all be to do with your credit rating. There could also be some internal measures. Example:

• Once you’ve used the help articles a fair bit, Monzo knows you know where they are so they let you have the button back
  • They have flags like, you just had a lard online payment go out - it’s likely you want to report fraud so it becomes available
  • You write in with a query that could have been answered by the articles and customer service tags your account to make sure you go through those first.

Just brainstorming really.

2 Likes

Sorry - I am staff, but I’m signed into the forums on my phone on my personal account and haven’t gotten around to logging into my staff account.

Where did I put that post it with my password written on…?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.