Cashback is coming to more customers šŸš€

Im split on this.

HSBC did similar, they advertised the plan tab but then it broke immediately for a number of users and took them a good few months to sort it.

But on the other hand, Monzo has form for releasing new features, and taking months to rollout which to me is slightly different. Iā€™d hope they wait until at least 95% of users actually have it before advertising.

Itā€™s a great end product by the way, Monzo!

2 Likes

They do state that itā€™s rolling out.

2 Likes

Yeah true

Erm, no. Not just him. Itā€™s a complete and utter joke that Monzo thought it was acceptable to launch a Cashback pilot and at the VERY LEAST make it available to all Investors and Premium/Plus members. There are people wandering about with free accounts that have been with Monzo for five minutes getting Cashback whilst some loyal customers get shafted.

1 Like

Can I assume that Cashback for original Mondo users, Premium/Plus members and investors will be backdated?

The sign-up for the pilot was open to anyone. Did you sign up for the pilot?

1 Like

Confused why I am quoted here? :face_with_peeking_eye:

No because they didnā€™t send the email to everyone and I donā€™t sit around googling if Monzo are doing a Cashback pilot every day.

Yeah sorry mate my Browser was being weird, had to close it and reopen it as it wouldnā€™t let me reply to anyone but you! Meant to delete and repost but got distracted.

Because they misunderstood airtime rewards with Monzo Cashback :laughing:

1 Like

Youā€™re not entitled to anything.

If one of your random negative outbursts had been timed better youā€™d have seen the option to join up. Unlucky.

This will not happen.

12 Likes

:wave: Canā€™t be that invested if youā€™re not keeping track of what the company you invest in is doing, when the pilot started 5 months ago! :thinking:

Love your aggression though, channel that into keeping updated and you wonā€™t miss out! :smiley:

9 Likes

Iā€™m not really sure that this is all useful argument, and neither do I really understand the argument being made!

Monzo will choose how they wish to test new features. Nobody should expect to be given preference for this.

I say this as paid product member from day dot. Itā€™s not part of the product to be given preference for features like this

Also how would one weigh up what would be backdated, even if that were a realistic option? Some people have benefited from cashback in the trial and some have not. Who would decide?

Maybe back on topicā€¦ Iā€™m still hopeful that weā€™re getting enrolled from the trial tomorrow as the existing offers expire (except the shopping boost)

4 Likes

Opting in to retailers for cashback is very legacy bank fashion, no?

Much like AMEX rewards and the such, a fresh approach to built-in cashback would be to list the retailers eligible for cashback but have them already activated ready for use so if a customer uses their card at that retailer, itā€™s instantly on the scheme.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s great for multi use offers. But youā€™re on to a looser if you pop to Sainsburyā€™s and spend Ā£1 and it auto uses your single use offer no?

(True story btw, although different retailer because I canā€™t remember who it actually was)

3 Likes

fair point, although I donā€™t think iā€™ve personally been in a situation where I base my shopping habits on cashback but appreciate that others would.

Surely a better middle ground to be found though.

1 Like

Having being part of the pilot, and using other sites, I think this is the middle ground.

You get notified when new offers arrive which is useful.

2 Likes

What for? :joy:

7 Likes

Why would it be backdated?

1 Like

Yeah, of course it wonā€™t happen. But I want a response from Monzo and I want to know why they think it is acceptable to roll a feature like this out in this way. Not you.