Card and account details for current accounts

Looks great, thanks for sharing! Overall I really like the design, and it looks very convenient in terms of accessing and using account details. Just a couple of questions on smaller details.

Following on from one issue Marta mentioned, it does seem that this tab is now misnamed. It’s more of a Profile tab than just about the card, as it’s where you access your personal details. And a lot of the things (limit information, topping up) apply to the account as opposed to just the card. (This applies in the prepaid app, too.)

One other thing I wanted to ask about is the choice of grey text on white for account number, etc. One or more people have mentioned that grey on white text is hard for people with vision issues. For supplementary information (like a preview of the note associated with a transaction in the feed), this is probably not a big issue. But for viewing these key details, it’s probably better to use a colour scheme that makes the sort code, account number, address, and monzo.me URL easy to read for as wide a range of people as possible. Definitely not my area of expertise, but just something that came to mind.

Overall very exciting, can’t wait for the full current accounts. :grin:

8 Likes

That’s an excellent point! This is something we’re working very hard to improve on, but we’re not fully there yet. :confused: That grey is Apple’s default grey that you see in Settings, for example, but you’re right - this information is so important that that might not be enough. We’ll look into it and make sure it’s accessible to everyone. Thanks!

6 Likes

Love it! I really like how you can copy the details (individually, too! Ace)- typing them out manually is so troublesome!
I share the same sentiments as the rest, I don’t care for an additional pin to protect my card number. Maybe for the CVC if you must, but I always forget my CVC when I have a million cards (the long card number is already saved) and it’s a pain digging in my wallet to look it up. This will save a lot of hassle :raised_hands:t3:

1 Like

I love it and I can’t wait to see it in the CA app soon!

Just 2 things, I noticed it says “Top Up” what would be hidden under this as I assume topping up from another card is not something needed for the CA?

2nd, I would love to see the full card number, I personally think it’s fine not to have it under another layer as the CVC and Pin is under another layer of security and with the exception of Amazon I don’t know where you would be able to use just the card number and expiry date.

1 Like

Would we get the IBAN number displayed as well?

6 Likes

Topping up by card will still be an option for the current accounts.

2 Likes

Thanks I missed that one, I can’t see why you would want to top up your current account with another debit card though, but I’m sure there are people who would haha :slight_smile:

1 Like

Starling displays card number, expiry and CVV on an image of their card within the app. App protected by PIN / TouchID. Not further friction to get this info.

To edit the avatar of a regular payee, however, requires an additional password. :roll_eyes:

1 Like
  1. if you want funds from abroad quicker than a SWIFT payment

2. at weekends when some banks and building societies do not do Faster Payments

2 Likes

When is the next TestFlight being released?

1 Like

It will be interesting to see how much this is used when they make the switch.

Looking great - my one stop shop for all the details I’ll ever need.

Being able to access the long card number would be great - as well as being able share by copying it into the clipboard.

4 Likes

please do this !!!

Right now the only other option is typing in your card details into 1password and that just feels weird

I have a question about the current account, apologies if it has been answered before.

Do we get some kind of confirmation when we will be selected to receive debit card etc? Or is it just that one day the debit card arrives? I’m currently travelling so I don’t want to miss it and would need to notify somebody to pick it up for me

you are not getting a card turn up

you will at some point get email inviting you to apply and do ID checks before getting a card

1 Like

I have Touch ID enabled on the app - can’t it be done so if touchID or a pin is enabled then the full number displays automatically because you’ve already authenticated?

Then it’s user choice.

I’m just imagining a scenario whereby you could display starred out as you have, and then simply tap on the starred out numbers to display them as the whole uncensored number. If use PIN/TouchID to unlock app then display immediately, if not prompt for Pin/TouchID to display at that point. :+1:

1 Like

I say thanks for sharing. I have to agree that I would prefer not to have a second layer for the card number. Would be good to show IBAN when it’s fully able to be used. Overall like the look of the iOS version.

4 Likes

I think it would be massively useful to have the long card number in the app. Especially if you can copy it.

8 Likes