Cancel card

Make what OK?

Things get lost. That happens. All banks (That I’ve ever hard a card with) have sent it via normal RM.

1 Like

I lost it, consultant on the app just told me now that it’s been escalated to the advocacy team and they will get in contact within…wait for it…4 DAYS. I got off a call with somebody from MONZO just now too and explained everything, even offered to pay out of my own pocket for it to be sent by courier but the reply is just oh sorry there must have been a delay in the process somewhere. I have been banking with MONZO for not too long now and certainly won’t for much longer

Out of interest, if they offered the option to pay for courier or next day tracked service, would you pay for it?

If so, may be worth making a feature request for it on here, because it’s something I would want the option for too!

Absolutely I would yes, especially because they don’t have branches, makes it a lot easier

1 Like

Shouting and getting angry will not solve your problem. Nobody that has replied to you works for Monzo.

The card is sent via RM, they say “upto 5 days” to allow for weekends and any postal delays that are out of their control. Cards are not dispatched from Monzo, they come direct from the supplier.

I bet you’ll have your new card tomorrow or Weds at the latest.

1 Like

The advocacy team is the complaints department. They won’t do anything about the card

They are doing their job by ordering you another one. There is no process to have it sent by courier in the Uk.

How is you not looking after your card and having to wait for the Royal Mail Monzo’s problem? They’re replacing it

2 Likes

It is mine…until they cant fulfil their end, and as customer it still is because they use my money for trading

Not really much more that can be said about this, it’s sent via Royal Mail, they have backlogs in some areas and also post does just go missing too.

2 Likes

Bold assumption. Cards can just stop working due to wear and tear and cheap craftsmanship, no matter how you baby them.

The coral card I got in September last year (I think) is no longer recognised by ATMs or card machines as of March. The chip is too badly scratched up from using said card machines and ATMs. The chip on my card has never come into contact with any other potentially sharp objects, unless fleece can scratch it? :face_with_monocle:

Not exclusive to Monzo though. Card machines in shops have destroyed the chips on a lot of my cards over time. I’ve yet to have a card survive until it’s expiration without the chip breaking.

Not an assumption, they said they lost it

1 Like

I know of no bank in the UK that will courier a replacement card to a customer in the UK. Certainly my own experience has been that all the banks I used before Monzo have sent replacement cards to me via Royal Mail. It doesn’t appear to me that Monzo are doing anything wrong there.

3 Likes

Ah, my bad! When I read the I lost it without context I thought they were referring to losing it with Monzo’s support! :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Sure, but the other banks have branches where you can still go draw money with a form of ID. Monzo has none, so the most basic thing for them to do would be to have that kind of service

I’m wondering if they would be allowed.

They have to publish their fees so to charge for a uk courier is something not on their fees

Perhaps tracked courier could be included as standard with Plus or premium, so not actually charging individually for it?

I think that’s what N26 did. All their cards were sent tracked, so you could track them, but the premium cards were dispatched with UPS.

If you have plus or premium you have virtual cards so less need to rush delivery of a physical card

Sorry to hear about the trouble you’ve had trying to receive your replacement @labuscwm :pray:

From the comments you’ve made, this has been escalated to the appropriate team to log this as a complaint and endeavour to find a solution which is acceptable by both parties.

If a replacement has been ordered then the longest it can take is the five days which you have mentioned but this can arrive quicker. We’d always want to make sure the address is correct when arranging a replacement also.

3 Likes

Unless you need cash!

Contactless cash machines would solve a lot of woes tbh.

1 Like

One thing I noted recently is you get a notification in app once your card has passed the expected delivery date.

Does reordering it use up one of your free replacements?