Cancel card

One of them snuck into my kitchen while I was outside in the garden having a smoke, and stole one of my slippers.

No company in the world would create a contract that could lead them to expend infinite resources to fulfill it.

Itā€™ll probably say something like ā€˜reasonable effortsā€™. Hence, engage a solicitor to read it over, because thatā€™s basically the only legal way to get out of paying. If they werenā€™t in liquidation Iā€™d say small claims court but how that works against administratorsā€¦ /shrug

1 Like

Fair enough, although personally I honestly feel a solicitor for a Ā£100 consumer dispute is overkill.

Also flea-ridden and smelly.

If the company has already admitted they did it is academic now.

Hence the reason I want to get rid of them.

I agree entirely a waste of Ā£100 .

Iā€™m curious now - what exactly did they attempt to do to get rid of the foxes?

They sprayed a liquid compound that replicates the smell of an alpha male, which foxes being territorial, is meant to frighten or deter them coming back.
I am told the best way is to put down cages and once caught take them elsewhere.

Iā€™m not aware of any foolproof/guaranteed solution. Foxes are pretty clever and are opportunists. So even if there was an actual alpha male there, theyā€™d still take the risk and go for it.

What are you trying to protect?

In terms of my chickens the solution for me was to put really strong 1"x1" welded wire mesh around their entire run along with paving round the edges to prevent digging. After lots of investigation and attempts they have now learnt that they canā€™t get in so I see them less frequently.

Boggis, Bunce and Bean certainly couldnā€™t manage it

2 Likes

Haha theyā€™re ace names :laughing:

1 Like

Not this again :smiley:

the classics are the best

1 Like

Ive cancelled and reordered my card, Monzo than said itā€™ll take 5 days to arriveā€¦day 5 comes and no card, all the consultant on the app can say is sorry - not even a tracking number. Iā€™ve had to ask a friend to withdraw a large amount of cash and repay him electronically so that I have access to funds trusting that Monzo will send the card. Iā€™ve now had to reorder my card and now have to wait ANOTHER 5 days, this is ludicrous, how is MONZOā€™s utter incompetence my problem? You canā€™t even provide me with a tracking number??? Unacceptable, organise a courier then-itā€™s you that have cocked up and I refuse to be suffering for it

They donā€™t send them tracked, itā€™s royal mail, so thereā€™s no tracking number to give you

What day did you order it?

1 Like

Cards are usually next day. Your 1st replacement must have got lost. So hopefully the new one arrives tomorrow.

2 Likes

Last week, app said it shouldve arrived by now. You would think a BANK would be able to at least then courier you the new card. This is day number 5 after my order and now I have to wait ANOTHER 5 days??? Really, how unprofessional and incompetent can one become???

So how does that make it OK?

The first one will probably turn up tomorrow. If you ordered it on Thursday or Friday then the weekend will have impacted that estimated time

Why did you cancel your card in the first place?

1 Like