Buying a car off the web

So after an unfortunate incident I found myself needing to replace my car (well, since the other one was written off by some else’s recklessness) and since car’s are harder to get than Hen’s teeth I went on Cinch and bought myself a “new to me” one.

Just curious to see if anyone else has done this before. Must say, it felt strange putting a car into my shopping basket and clicking checkout.

EDIT: Switched new to new to me, to make it clear it’s not a brand new vehicle :slight_smile:

1 Like

tenor

1 Like

They’re advertised everywhere, and seem similar to Cazoo. If the car isn’t brand new I’d be a bit wary of what checks they’ve done but I’m sure it’s safer than buying from your friendly neighbourhood driveway dealer.

If you were after a new car, I would’ve called round nearby dealerships as they might’ve had something knocking about. I got a new car within a month when lead times were 1+ year

3 Likes

Normally this is what I do, but there is absolutely nothing around me (well, based on the criteria) so I went online.

Apparently, you can refuse on delivery and have 14 days in which to change your mind and send it back FOC. So, we’ll see.

1 Like

Do you take it to the Post Office and have them scan a barcode on your phone to print the label to attach to it?

6 Likes

Returns won’t be a problem once we all have self driving cars.

1 Like

Ha can you imagine :joy:

1 Like

Do you get a warranty from cinch?

1 Like

Copying your question into Google revealed this:

1 Like

Thanks Paul, was being lazy there. My only advise whether buying online or in person is get as much done under the warranty as possible, that’s what I have done in past. Maybe even more so the older the car is, my Audi was 7 years old when I bought it, got door lock replaced under warranty, had to replace another 6 months later at my own expense, paying for one was bad enough, at least warranty covered one.,

2 Likes

Yes, you get a three month one which for me is ok, cars these days tend to be decent enough.

I do take comfort in the whole return within two weeks thing but I’m not expecting it to be needed, the reviews are pretty decent about them.

1 Like

Well, it arrived.

Interestingly it was as described and the dude who dropped it off was really great showing me around and checking I was ok to accept.

It came with a chip on the windscreen that hadn’t previously been mentioned, but they told me about on drop off.

Good thing to test our their word so I rang them and I could either return it no cost or they would resolve it for me. So that’s what I’ve done and I imagine it’ll get fixed soon enough.

Would use again

2 Likes

Last November I also needed a car unexpectedly went to Cazoo and ordered a car no real problems and got a great deal and car. Paid with my Amex Cashback card as well! Very happy with car and service from Cazoo.

2 Likes