Bulgaria

Currently in Bulgaria and card is rejected in restaurants. The £200 limit on cash withdrawals is going to cause a problem

Do you know if it’s a general card acceptance thing or a Monzo thing?

It probably won’t help now, but Starling do unlimited overseas withdrawals without fees.

have a word with in app chat they might be able to up the limit a bit, though not sure if this statement is relevant to ATM fees :slight_smile:

maybe to do with mag strip enabling ??? try turning it on in the app ???

IMG_3072

1 Like

There’s no limit, there’s just a small fee after the £200.

(Well, to be precise there is a limit, but it’s significantly higher than that!)

1 Like

There was one issue with a major EF-POS provider. They updated their software/firmware to resolve the issue, but if merchants have not downloaded or installed the update they will still be having issues.

3 Likes

I frequent Bulgaria about 5/6 times a year. I knew that Kaufland has issues accepting both Starling and Monzo. With Starling always declining and Monzo depending on the store. Cash withdrawals work all the time. I tend to use the Monzo card a lot more abroad anyway.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.