Bring custom photos to pots

Are there any plans to increase the number of designs for pots available on the app, or perhaps even allow for user created designs?

5 Likes

Hi @Alan1968 :blush: Just took your original post and merged it into this already existing thread. We’re still thinking about how custom images on Pots will work on the app internally. I think @cookywook says it best below :arrow_down:

Hope that’s a little clearer! Do you have any ideas about how we could add this to Pots? We’d love to hear your thoughts!

3 Likes

Also, just in case you all wanted to get involved in the megathread for Pots Feedback, it can be found right over here :honey_pot:

I suspect niceties like these will surface once the current account gains momentum.

3 Likes

I agree - especially since they first have to recoup some of the losses made during the prepaid era.

2 Likes

Oh my god this. I’ve mentioned in Slack before that the house looks like a funeral picture (at a wake in Asia). I initially assumed it was a pot for saving for your funeral, a little morbid but I think discussion about it has come up on the forum before. Even if you didn’t know that existed, you still wouldn’t realise it was a house right off the bat imo.

3 Likes

And, I mean, come on, a cassette tape??! Revolutionary? Yes in the 1960s. Relevant today? Nope.

I think a record player or something would have been better served :thinking: presumably a pot for saving up for gigs and festivals?

1 Like

Probably showing my age but I like the cassette…

And the slightly disfigured pig. I’ve called him Bob

9 Likes

Back to the beginning
It would be nice to attach a picture of choice to the pots. Make the whole thing a little more personal
Maybe this will arrive with the ability to automatically set payments into and out off the pot.
Possibly with a feature that incorporates a target level and an indicator to state how well you are doing against that target
Unfortunately this is sounding a lot like Starling now :hear_no_evil:

4 Likes

I find it annoying that you can’t change the background image of a pot after you have created it. If I want to change the image I have to delete the pot and then create a new one from scratch. At least this is the case on Android. Will this change anytime soon?

3 Likes

I really don’t see how / why this is an issue. In this modern age how difficult is it to host / upload an image? Starling is doing it just fine. I think this feature in Pots is crucial.

Thanks

4 Likes

Yes.

4 Likes

Within reason :grin:

I just don’t see it as a problem - realistically, what will happen? I’m sure all the weirdos will flock to monzo to share tiny pics of their favourite perversion through pots…

IMG_0295

3 Likes

If we are allowed custom images I’m going to use that one

1 Like

I’d really like to see us integrate with Unsplash (https://unsplash.com/) so we can choose from their massive photo library.

I’ll add it to the list :smiley:

11 Likes

But there’s no bare chested pic of Chris Hemsworth there…

4 Likes

What on earth are you saving up for?

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s between me and my defence team when the attempted abduction charges come to court

:flushed:

4 Likes