Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2022

I honestly can’t wait for Twitter’s demise so I don’t have to read Americans* whinging.

cf *Brits as well.

2 Likes

You know engagement with the platform is totally optional right?

3 Likes

:truck::dash:

:package:

:sound::loud_sound:

:man_cook:t4::ok_hand:t4::kiss:

3 Likes

My manscaped goodies have just arrived. I got 25% off :scissors:

2 Likes

:razor::tennis::tennis: :grey_question:

2 Likes

Be careful you don’t take 25% off of yourself.

7 Likes

Gah shouldn’t look at links to extra monitors.

I’ve had a mismatch sizes for the last year, trying to work out if I can get away with 3x 27 inch ones on my desk…

But then I need (…“need”) 4k ones. And probably a better desk than IKEA cardboard ones.

:confused:

1 Like

Is the Mrs making you have a pruning session :eyes::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Lords and Labradors still have 30% off everything for cyber weekend too. So I caved and got the cats some Christmas presents as well.

1 Like

Don’t know about any other man, but no one chooses when I have a :scissors::razor: except me.

3 Likes

3 Likes

My other purchase, I actually needed suet pellets anyways, it was 20% off if over £100, wasn’t quite there so threw in some raisins for the birds too, just to get it over the limit I needed.

I just don’t like the hair. Electrics never work well on other body parts. They lack any significant innovation that facial ones have so they just end up not shaving the hair effectively and cause a lot of irritation, at least for me, and I have little to begin with.

Gillette Venus is the only way to go IMO. Comfort Glide (with the gel bars so there’s no need for messy cream).

1 Like

So out of interest has anyone seen any offers on frying pans?
Ideally non teflon or well decent ones?

Thought I would ask in case as my google fu is failing me tonight and one of our pan’s teflon just flaked badly nearly causing a wasted meal.

Philips One Blade for the face.

Purchased this shaver for everything else and been faultless.

Wild guess I’ve kept up with the chat properly :joy:

Funny you should ask! I’m not a pan person, but I like buy it for life stuff and one shop I buy from online has a Black Friday offer just on their best selling pans and nothing else! :joy:

2 Likes

Are you trying to destroy my face!?

Those things are way too harsh for my skin! Too much friction! Tried the one blade body version too, and both were sent back early on in the trial period for the full refund.

I’ve only ever really gotten on with the more expensive brauns for my face. They’re gentle and shave close enough that I’m satisfied with. The proper Philips ones are great though, gentler, but don’t cut nearly as close enough for my liking. Find them harder to use too.

I’ve tried many body ones (though not the Babyliss one you’ve linked to) and have just never had a positive experience with any. Braun, Philips, and even the hugely marked up branded drop-shipped ones from Ali like manscaped that get a lot of buzz from influencers, which I had high hopes for. They wreak havoc on my skin. More so than the chemical stuff from Veet or Nair. :frowning:

I have particularly sensitive and reactive skin though. My favourite SPF swapped out one chemical sunscreen for another, and it ruined the product for me. Within seconds of applying it my face turned bright red and stung worse than a wasp sting. The redness lasted days, even though I thoroughly washed it off immediately as it started to react. Had to go through some crazy investigation to get a refund because of what happened, instead of what the normal process would have been. I think they were just trying to cover themselves legally though. Got a free appointment with a dermatologist out of it though! Can’t usually get those on the NHS unless you have some big issue that medication isn’t fixing, and private is expensive, so that was a boon.

Thanks! Actually heard of those guys (the manufacturer) a while ago and was tempted but couldn’t decide between steel or iron.
Have you got any yourself?

1 Like

Ah see it’s opposite for me, I can’t wet shave or anything and found this to be perfect for the face and chest (I grow very little hair to be fair).

1 Like

Not personally no, but someone in the house does (there was a big argument over it recently because someone washed their pan and apparently ruined it! Something about seasoning, the pan itself was fine. I’ve never seen any get so angry over a pan being scrubbed clean before though :joy:) and I have bought them as Christmas presents before. I presume they’re liked, and they seem to be highly rated online! I’m not the best to ask really because I don’t cook so don’t own any cookware like that myself.

I do shop from buy me once from time to time though and don’t have any complaints. They’re one of the few reliable places to get darn tough socks from in the U.K.