Bill splitting made simple šŸŽ‰

This seems like a no brainer thing to implement.

If it was, Iā€™d stop using it or want the debtor to be able to turn those notifications off.

1 Like

I have gotten reminders when Iā€™ve forgotten before so this isnā€™t true.

Iā€™ve definitely received a notification a few days after the payment request when I havnā€™t paid. Could be an android/iOS difference?

Thatā€™s frustrating. Seems there is much more to the Android app then. Do you have settings to turn these notifications off? Donā€™t think Iā€™ll be sending any more requests if not.

Nope canā€™t see anything. When I got the notification I found it super useful, not sure why you wouldnā€™t want it? If youā€™re requesting a bill split with another Monzo user why wouldnā€™t you want to remind them about it if they havenā€™t paid a week later? I have an outstanding one my GF hasnā€™t paid from over a month ago so I presume it doesnā€™t send more than the one notification!

You hope :joy:

But this raises a bigger issue about lack of clarity on this feature. Bill splitting is central to the Monzo offering at the moment and some clarity on this would be great.

I have added this as an idea to gain some traction / clarity on this as couldnā€™t see anything on here about it other than this thread.

1 Like

Me and my girlfriend (both on Monzo but not joint accounts) share subscriptions for things like Netflix and Play music. Payment comes from her account. If she marks the payment as a split bill will it be recurring for me and will I be able to mark it as committed spend in summary?

Edit: Will I get a notification every month to pay my share of the bill?

Splitting a bill is a one-off function. So it cannot be be recurring :slight_smile:

1 Like

This feels like itā€™s going to end up with philosophy

But if itā€™s a recurring bill that you always split itā€™s not a one off function

1 Like

TouchƩ rainbow :laughing:

I wonder if it is something Monzo would do, or would they purposely not do it? Purely so that they can incentivise the opening of a joint account instead :man_shrugging::thinking:

1 Like

Thanks both. I actually knew that. Stupid moment. But it does raise some questions :joy::joy::joy:

I still donā€™t like that it says I have spent Ā£60 total in a day when Iā€™ve put Ā£60 on my card and split the bill. Iā€™ve personally only spent Ā£30. Can the bill split incoming payment not be nested underneath the main transaction as well?

2 Likes

Iā€™m having a moment. I was sure you could cancel a bill split and see your outstanding splits from the Shared tab. Canā€™t see either. Iā€™m on iOS. :thinking:

Just checked (on ios) and yeah you still can.

In the pending bill splits you can click the transaction and edit it to cancel.

Annoyingly though you cant then re-split it if for example you calculated it up wrong and wanted to amend it

I know this is a very old comment but i think its hard to avoid the technicality here, you have spent the Ā£60 afterall in your example.

But your running balance in main feed should counter the amount spend to show a net spend?

Where is pending bill split? I canā€™t see that anywhere

Share section of payā€¦ just above your tabs

Ohhhh scratch this actually, dont know when they fixed this but happy they have :tada:

So weird. Doesnā€™t show for me