Beta User Badge

(Toby William Shaw) #1

Hi all,

In the Settings part of the app, at the top where it has your name, my app says ‘Beta User’ still, even though I’ve fully upgraded my account etc. I was just wondering what this actually means. Should it not have that anymore? Am I in some sort of pool to receive updates earlier etc?

Thanks all,

(Jedihomer Townend) #2

It’s a badge to say you were a Beta User, rather than the status of your account. I believe there’s also an investor badge for those people who invested.

(Jolin) #3

And an Alpha badge for those who joined really early.

As other have said, it’s just a badge to say you were around when we had the beta stage of Monzo with the Pre-Paid card :grin:

It gives you bragging rights, ultimately :muscle:

Just checked and I also have a beta badge. I remember seeing this spoken about a while ago, I like it :slight_smile:

(Starling Guru) #6

I’m gonna try it in a bar one weekend as I whip out my investor card coz baller obvs :joy_cat:

There’s also investor. I think that’s all we have for now

(Pete Mallam) #8

I don’t have a Beta User badge :frowning:

(Michael) #9

Lots looks like this:

(Starling Guru) #10

or this

(Toby William Shaw) #11

Show off…

Guessing you joined straight to a Current Account then Pete?

(Pete Mallam) #13

No, I have a Mondo card…

In that case you should have a badge. May be worth asking the COps about that.

(Michael) #15

You should have an alpha badge if you have one of those alpha cards!

If you want to contact Cops on in app chat or DM your email I’ll have a look :thinking:

(Adam Kendrew) #17

I had (still have in a draw somewhere actually) a Mondo Alpha card, but I don’t have the ‘Alpha’ badge. I believe the Alpha was London only and I presume they used some of the old card stock for the first beta users?

I mean, I’m all for having the Alpha badge if somebody wants to apply it! :eyes:

I too have a card from Mondo Alpha days but did not want to use my iPhone and waited for the Android app to come, but which time they had gone Beta.

(MikeF) #19

Yeah, I quite like this. Perfectly private but relatively fun.

(Tom Snape) #20

I’m sure I had an alpha card but I don’t have the badge :’(