Basically, I'm a student and I think I want a Credit card!

Yeah, that’s why I tried to time it for the end of the month so I immediately paid off the balance.

Fair enough. Too much faff for me. Might as well use a fee free debit card in that case.

Well more for the perk like points that I can use to make a flight cheaper for other airline beside from BA (which in my experience are shit compared to other airline).

I’m going to be spending a lot of money on a new laptop and computer so I thought this would work well with me purchase flights alongside with it. And from the looks of registering with Experian, I have a 60% of approval!!

Not too high but I got a chance. Did you have a credit card before getting the SPG card?

Yeah, it was pretty annoying. I couldn’t find a debit card with better deal though. Also, not sure if it’s true but in my head, I thought it was less risky for my credit card to be stolen. :joy:

1 Like

I suggest sitting down and working out exactly how much you are going to spend (be able to spend) and get back in return. I very much doubt that the amounts you think you will be saving will make up for the £75 annual fee. (I would strongly suggest starting off with something with a no fee card if you really want to get started with a credit card).

Thanks you everyone for helping me out but I finally, changed my mind and have applied to the American Express Gold Card which they have approved (it is free first annual year which is all i need). It’s quite similar to the SPG card that I wanted but I feel like I can get my money’s worth with this card.

Thank you for all the advice

2 Likes

Amex Gold is a good choice, especially if you can spend £3k in the first three months.

Interesting you got accepted despite being a student, and presumably no previous history of credit card usage. I would have expected Amex to require more of a credit history.

Same, but lucky they had a feature where you can check if you are eligible for any specific card you want. It gave me a 9.5/10 of acceptance.

2 Likes