Barclays chat

Congrats :smile: Setting up a direct debit or standing order to make sure no payments get missed will be the most important thing.

They’re only really educated guesses the same as credit scores, based on averages more than anything. I’ve had it go the other way, been declined for products I was told I was pre-approved for.

2 Likes

I was fiddling in the app as yesterday was the first ever time I have bothered to open Barclays… I pressed through some screens and just found it let me upgrade without a verification so came here to see if anyone else had done it.

So they will likely just let it sit at premier till they review it and kick it back to normal?

1 Like

Pretty much. They did email me recently to say that they noticed I didn’t meet the requirements and that they would be making it a regular account but that I would get the Avios until June 2025 if I still paid £12 a month.

So I’ll have got 2 upgrade vouchers (well, 4 one way), plus 70,000 Avios for £360. Fine with that.

1 Like

Another potentially stupid question incoming - Will I get told if I inputted the wrong details when setting up the direct debit? Slightly paranoid (for no reason whatsoever) that I have inputted the wrong details, but obviously don’t want to be charged any interest for not paying off fully.

Apart from that, first impressions are what I expected based on what others said. The app is rubbish and some features just don’t work, and it has crashed a few times. Online banking seems to work significantly better. However, I’m not too bothered about it. As long as I can view my transactions and how much has been spent, that’s all I really need.

I’m pretty sure it validated the details when I set mine up, but there will be plenty of time for it to show up on your current account before they try and use it.

Your statements will state whether an amount is being collected by direct debit or not, they probably will do so from the start if you’re setting it up from the outset. Sometimes based on timings the first statement won’t use it, but yours should.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve tried searching around for answers but nothing was particularly detailed. Always good to make sure I’m doing stuff right, especially with my first credit card!

You’ll be able to see if it’s set up online at Manage account > scroll down to Payments > Direct Debit payments > Manage or set up payments.

Your statements will say this once it’s collecting via direct debit:

They also email you every month to confirm the direct debit is going to be taken and how much for.

2 Likes

Thanks again! I’ll be looking out for that in the coming days/weeks

My Barclaycard is not showing up in the Barclays app after signing up for a current account. Do I have to call for them to sort it out?

They will need to merge your profiles so they both show. Give them a call tomorrow and should be done within a few days.

1 Like

They said that due to app sign up it might take a few days to all start showing and working right as my CA and CC are on the same profile already.

Does anyone know if there is a minimum term on the avios plus CC?

I want to dip in and hit the spend and then downgrade. Anyone know if that is doable?

Oh goody, I’ve got a new standard interest rate on my ancient Barclaycard Platinum.

They raised it from 11.9% to 21.8%

I reckon I’ve had this card longer than I’ve had my children, and the oldest is 17 :sob:.

2 Likes

Just received this email from Barclays

Also received the email but not an issue as I settle every month.

Easily doable IF the downgrade card option is shown in the app, which it isn’t always. Barclays CS cannot override this or downgrade manually. My Avios Plus lasted a little over a month before the option appeared and I switched. The black card looks much nicer than the blue freebie version and I kinda miss it, but I don’t spend enough to justify the fee vs extra points.

Sorry for the random question, I know this technically not a Barclays question (yet until Tesco is bought over, but I know if I post it anywhere else, the Monzo Forum police will be quick to say something). Does anyone else have an issue with the Tesco Bank app turning on notifications. I’ve been with Tesco since the start of the year and the issue still persists…

Must say for my first time banking with Barclays I do enjoy the app compared to HSBC.

No issues at all so far.

1 Like

Do your notifications work?

Mine don’t seem to.

Never worked going back years and many unresolved IT tickets

I’ve seen other people’s work fine, mine just never have.