Atom Bank Feedback

This is to be encouraged.

4 Likes

Still getting 0.84% with Tesco, but we really are only talking pennies difference with my level of savings tbf.

At least on the way up :grin:

3 Likes

Wanted to close my account, went into live chat. Sorry you’ll have to phone us for that to happen. No thanks it’s ok I’ll withdraw all my cash now and uninstall the app. I’m sure you’ll purge dormant accounts eventually.

A tech based bank which can’t just close an account down either by pressing a button to close it or by requesting it in a chat. :person_facepalming::person_facepalming:

5 Likes

You also can’t change your address without calling them, which is rather poor!

3 Likes

Atom Instant Saver rates appears to have gone up (today?) from 0.75% to 0.90%.

3 Likes

That’s 0.15% more than their 6-month fixed saver, so I presume that the interest rates for those will shortly be rising…

1 Like

6 month is now paying 1.00% aer
1 year is now paying 1.60% aer
Longer is now paying 1.90% aer

As per Atom app.

3 Likes

Still won’t accept starling as linked account! Gave up

1 Like

What? I was with Starling when I opened my Atom instant saver.

1 Like

Weird. I was told way back that the Starling sort code wasn’t supported. Assumed they’d have updated it by now, so tried again - still no go. Chatting to CS was like pulling teeth, so not exactly sure what the issue is

1 Like

I don’t think that can be right - I have Starling as my connected account. Never had any issues setting it up or using it.

1 Like

I also think it can’t be true, but the CS experience was so gruelling, I gave up.

And now there’s chase, so…

2 Likes

Atom Bank have closed The Kitchen.

2 Likes

The voucher’s a nice touch in recognition of the value of people’s contributions, although closing the Kitchen seems like a shame.

I wasn’t a member of it, but I believe they were quite active on it at one stage. Hopefully this doesn’t mean they are slowing down product improvements; the app has really got better over the last year or so. I just want them to adopt Apple’s Face ID instead of their own proprietary version!

2 Likes

Atom Instant Saver now 1.25%

6 Likes

Speedy guys.

This is what a fintech savings provider should be looking at though. Fast, reactive, and instantly applied increases.

2 Likes

Still shy of Chase’s offering though.

3 Likes

Oh, I agree. Still only £1 in mine tbf.

2 Likes

Snap :grinning:

2 Likes

From ‘This Is Money’

’A former member of Donald Trump’s cabinet is plotting to snap up British digital lender Atom Bank in a move that could see it listed on the American stock market.

Wilbur Ross, who served as commerce secretary, is in advanced talks with the Durham-based lender regarding a £700million merger with his special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), Ross Acquisition Corp II.

SPACs are shell companies that are listed on stock markets, then raise money with the aim of finding a firm to acquire.'

Where is Monzo these days with regard to going to market? Saw a guy on Twitter the other day, touting his Monzo shares for sale.

2 Likes