Atom Bank Feedback

Atom Bank are expanding their mortgage products with a new Near Prime mortgage offer. This is a mortgage designed for people who don’t have an ideal credit score.

1 Like

The use of the phrase “near prime” seems to suggest that the scope will be fairly limited to people only just outside prime status, so this looks almost like a marketing thing rather than a material change.

Hopefully I’m wrong on that.

1 Like

Ive had a pretty poor mortgage experience with Atom which delayed my purchase by around 1.5 months… Ended up going with a high street provider which went by pretty quickly… Odd as I liked their app…

1 Like

Going to tell us what happened?

2 Likes
2 Likes

I keep getting this notification this morning but when you click on it it says nothing. Does anyone know about the interest rate change?

1 Like

Yes I’m getting it all morning as well. It’s the old change down to 0.5% from last year I think.

1 Like

The answer is revealed on another forum:

3 Likes

Don’t know where else to post this so here it goes

4 Likes

Awesome move! We’ve done this for years as standard without impact to productivity. We actually get more work done, that’s better quality, and in less time. The longer days really aren’t necessary though, and I suspect they’ll soon learn that and cut back to somewhere between 28-30 hour weeks.

I think a lot of companies would be surprised how often they’re just paying people to sit in an office and look like they’re working whilst instead browsing forums like this.

3 Likes

It’s a product roadmap for the app. So think in terms of app features and design rather than rates.

1 Like

Hopefully an app that doesn’t look like it’s been designed for toddlers, with support for built-in biometrics is on the roadmap. Although with Marcus having an app now I can’t see using Atom unless they increase their savings rates significantly

3 Likes

+1 for that. Atom app is awful. Even with halfway decent rates I gave up on it in the end.

1 Like

Atom are increasing their rates as from today.

2 Likes

Matches what I’m currently getting from Tandem.

1 Like

Still short of my Tesco Saver.

Can’t screenshot :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Tad higher then my Marcus …05

1 Like

Noticed this morning that my Instant Saver is now 0.75%.

3 Likes

Oh nice. Might have to move some money over from my Marcus to my Atom account.

2 Likes

Are they playing tug of war with Marcus or something? That’s how it feels!