Apple TV+

Agree on the merging.

2 Likes

Looking pretty unanimous.

Personally, Iā€™m indifferent, which is why I havenā€™t voted. Ted Lasso has seemingly become a cult-like show which garners itā€™s own momentum, and arguably deserves itā€™s own thread just for that! Wouldnā€™t be dissimilar from wanting to discuss game of thrones separately from other HBO or Sky Atlantic shows for instance.

On the other hand, now folks are making it clear theyā€™re not staying as up to date as the more avid viewers among us, and would rather not see spoilers as they catch up or watch at their own pace, I would hope those of us who do want to continue discussing it going forward would take greater care with using the spoiler tag if it remains in this thread.

Iā€™ll go with the flow! Either is fine by me!

1 Like
3 Likes

They had written the standard 10 episodes when Apple asked for an extra two. Instead of having to rework plots for the whole season, they added two standalone episodes that shouldnā€™t affect the other storylines. One was the Christmas episode, and the other is the most recent episode focusing on Beard.

I think you need to drop logic when you think about the dates of the Xmas episode - just imagine it does take place at Christmas. I guess they could have held it back to show at Christmas but they wanted to release a full 12 episodes in one go so itā€™s come now. I guess they had to pick a time in the season when certain characters/actors were around, so if anyone leaves in the season as part of the plot, they donā€™t need to rework it.

1 Like

Itā€™s only about football in the way The Office is about paper manufacturing :laughing: Definitely a workplace comedy first, the football club just happens to be the setting.

3 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s what Iā€™ve realised. I was also a big The Office (original UK version) fan, too.

Whatā€™s really fun is part of the comedy is Ted knows nothing about football either. Heā€™s always asking basic questions, because his philosophy about teamwork is more important than the tactics and rules of the game. And you pick up some interesting things - did you know football pitches arenā€™t a standard size :woozy_face:

4 Likes

Apple just dropped a trailer for Finch starring Tom Hanks. Looks really good!

Iā€™m not sure how I feel about this yet. It looks a bit too whimsical maybe? I like Tom when heā€™s doing very serious roles or comedy roles but this is hard to gauge. But Iā€™ll probably watch it!

1 Like

Got myself up to date with Ted Lasso and I am surprised that thereā€™s been a bit of a negative vibe towards the episode that focused on Coach Beard - I loved it!

I feel thereā€™s been plenty of episodes that have focused on supporting cast but he seems to be overlooked normally. Plus the chaotic night just seemed very in line with the character that Brendan Hunt has created.

Brettā€™s acceptance speech

In other Apple TV focused content, I tried for the third time to get into the show See but it still hasnā€™t grabbed me. Kinda gutted because Iā€™ve heard quite a lot of people big it up. Iā€™ll just chalk it up to the ā€œJust not for meā€ column on pop culture alongside Seinfeld and Curb.

New show with Jon Stewart this month though :eyes:

3 Likes

Because of popular demand / the poll of truth, Iā€™ve created a new topic for Ted Talk:

Does that work for everyone? We can leave this for other programmes / ATV general chat!

7 Likes

Iā€™ve just noticed (on the TVTime app I use to track shows I watch) that on Friday, weā€™ll have See, The Morning Show, Mr Corman, and Foundation all on AppleTV+ to watch. It might be the first day every show I watch is on the service! (And thereā€™s Truth Be Told too but I havenā€™t started the second season yet.)

2 Likes

This just backs up the fact releases need to be spread across the week! All on Friday is getting a bit crazy!

1 Like

At least they are spread out with an episode a week.

Netflix released season three of Sex Education all in one go last week, and I ended up binge watching the lot over the weekend. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

This is true. Although a lot can be said for binging. It is what made Netflix, Netflix! If they are getting to a point of having 7+ shows with an episode a week then they can start building a daily schedule like a traditional network if they want. As they clearly are using that model not the binge one.
It is all about getting interaction as frequently and as much as possible. People coming back day after day does exactly that.

1 Like

Foundation is now available to stream!

Iā€™ll be watching this tonight for sure!

Edit: The first two episodes are available!

2 Likes

wow wow wow. Invasion in October!

Watched Foundation just before.

Apple TV stepping up!

2 Likes

Quality over quantity for sure. Typical Apple style - refine what others already do.

ETA - They need to keep refining Fitness + however. It isnā€™t as good as Peloton yet IMO in either production quality or style.

2 Likes

honestly already watched both episodes of foundation and the quality, visuals, soundtrack and cast is just amazing. It feels like a realistic gritty Star Wars if that makes sense.

Canā€™t wait for episode 3

1 Like

Foundation is great! Will be watching episode 2 on Sunday! This is right up my street! Found it very engaging from start to finish. I definitely see a lot of Destiny and Star Wars in this. I should probably read the book.