Apple : Fall 2018 Event, new iPhones etc

Probably shouldn’t be browsing this thread today…

I’ve only had my current iPhone X for about 9 months but I really like the iPhone XS Maximum Largeness.

And I definitely need a new Watch.

What happened to the new Monzo Loan feature?

2 Likes

Not so sure about the attention grabbing title. Can’t say I can agree, especially at that price for what you get

1 Like

Thanks, I have heard of this previously. I may do this as I can’t see myself upgrading next year.

I would like to think this phone will last me a while!

2 Likes

I was trying to convince myself that if I do pull the trigger and buy an xs it would last me 3/4 yrs…

But then the same argument could be said for my 7 :no_mouth:

2 Likes

Same boat for me, but I really wanted an edge to edge screen. If they still followed the same design as the 7 I wouldn’t have bothered.

1 Like

Is it just me, or has the price of the upgrade programme increased from £37.95 per month to £41.45? Do you just pay that amount until you have paid the value of the phone?

Watch pre-ordered :tada:

Surprisingly easy here in Australia, all of the phones are still available too!

The £37.95/month price was last year’s iPhone 8 pricing. The £41.45/month is for the iPhone XR, It is more expensive for two reasons: (i) the phone is more expensive (+£50); (ii) the AppleCare+ cover that is included is more expensive (+£30). Spreading those increases out gives the higher monthly price.

In terms of how the upgrade programme works: you pay £69 upfront, and then the monthly fee each month for 20 months. You can upgrade after you’ve made 11 of the 20 monthly payments, where they’ll essentially write-off the remaining 9 monthly payments, and restart a new plan.

Essentially, it’s an interest free loan for the value of the iPhone and AppleCare+, with a guaranteed trade-in value.

The EE XS Max Plan is only £12 more a month than I’m paying now, so I might upgrade to that when my annual upgrade becomes available in 2 weeks.

Ordered mine at 8.01am, I was thinking of waiting for the Xr but after years of using the biggest phones available, I think I’m ready to go small(ish) with the Xs. I used to edit a lot of articles on the go, but I don’t do so much of that any more. And them having the same camera specs helped seal the deal.

I just upgraded from Series 0 to Series 3 watch a few months ago so didn’t feel the need to get the 4, but will probably do the 5 if one comes out in a year.

1 Like

Still on the Series 0 so thinking about it but upgraded from the 5S to the X last year so I’ll stick with the X.

1 Like

Missed the chance to preorder the iPhone for payment plan. Wanted the iPhone max xs 256 gold. Does anyone know what Three are like as a network?

Generally: very good, but patchy network

I would still be with them if I could get any signal at all at work.

Still worth submitting. The dates will move very quickly - in past years when I’ve preordered late and had a date a month in advance, it’s usually ended up being closer to two weeks.

No EE pricing on the XR yet but I’m in no rush.

I read a quote that said the XR is not only the phone to watch but will likely outlast the X, the XS and XS max.

Looking at the XR I think Apple learned a lot from the iPhone 5C and I think you get a lot for the price point

2 Likes

I literally thought the same. I have a MacBook (Daily work laptop), iPad, Apple Watch and had an iPhone. Subscribed to apple music and added iCloud storage. I was a proper apple fan! I am still a massive fan of the macbooks. For me, it does everything I need it to do effortlessly but I have recently (1 month ago) moved away from iPhone.

I decided to get a Google pixel 2 and its the best decision I have ever made (when it comes to phones etc). I would seriously recommend changing. Battery life is better, the camera is better and the general software experience has been really good!! Safe to say I won’t be getting another iPhone any time soon!

1 Like

This is something I’ve been confused about, thinking you had to hand in the phone after the year was up.

So you can pay off in installments and keep the phone with 0% interest after 20 months?

Pretty much! Just need to make sure you specifically ask for iPhone payments not upgrade program.

Top man! Thanks