Apple : Fall 2018 Event, new iPhones etc

Got it in one. I’m calling you Mystic Danny from now on.

3 Likes

lol, I am really trying to not do it today but I know I will :eyes:

Also

giphy

1 Like

Ok it’s sad but I was refreshing the the Store app from 8am until 0807 when it went live :roll_eyes:

Errr…

I managed to get a watch (first time watch buyer). This is actually the first watch I’ve thought could work for me. Previous versions just didn’t cut it for me.

I’m actually in need of a new phone, currently have the 6, but was uninspired by the phones so I’ll wait till next year to upgrade the phone. My wife has my hand me downs (doesn’t really care for phones and doesn’t look after things lol), and she’s on the 5!

2 Likes

Just go for an iPhone 8

1 Like

Went for the XS. I’ve been on the upgrade program since the 7, but went for an 8 last year, so should be a nice upgrade. An extra £18.50 a month though! :flushed:

1 Like

Yeah thinking about that

Preordered the watch this morning, although I’m quite disappointed by the lack of pickup available and only delivery between Sept. 26-October 1…

:grimacing:

I’m on that annual EE upgrade contract. Currently pay for a lot of data, but have switched jobs and now don’t need it. So I’m going to upgrade to a contract with less data and get the Xs Max, hopefully saving some money in the process!

I think I am gonna wait for the hype to calm down then order it.

1 Like

Also disappointed about no pick up. I ordered one for wife and I - hers due same time frame as yours but mine won’t be until a week after. It was only about 0830 when I ordered…

Me too. The Nike+ edition was not shipping until October anyway, so I think I’ll wait until the end of the month.

Managed to order the Apple Watch for next Friday delivery. Always order on the dot if you want release day stock.

This thread is now the bad financial advice thread.

12 Likes

I’ve got pickup on launch day at 0830. It’s going to fun / interesting walking past all those people that started queuing today. It does make me wonder if I should just collect and sell to the highest bidder :slight_smile: . I’m on the upgrade program, no way I can pay for £1249 for X S Max outright

1 Like

Got my order in at 8:07. Wasn’t sure what colour I wanted :man_facepalming:t3: so I ordered the gold and silver for pickup on launch day at my local Apple store.

Plan is to take a look at the demo units when I arrive to see which colour I prefer. Then get a refund on the one I decide not to keep.

I’ll also enquire about switching the one I keep over to the iPhone upgrade programme.

Man, I feel like a poor person in this thread.

8 Likes

This is definitely something they allow.

Also worth thinking about the less-advertised iPhone Payments plan; same as the upgrade programme, but without AppleCare and yearly upgrades.

1 Like