Announcing Our £22m Investment Round and Crowdfunding!

Boom took me about three seconds once I got the Crowdcube mail and used Apple Pay to pay

1 Like

Got the email - interestingly it said:

“Monzo has randomly selected you as a winner and you can now view Monzo’s pitch page, where you can invest your pledged amount of £…”

But as a previous investor, it wasn’t random.

I’ve got all of the nerves now it’s become reality again. How exciting!

3 Likes

£188k 374 investors so far

You can see how much has been invested so far here -

https://www.crowdcube.com/companies/monzo/pitches/qDm4El/pre-register

I noticed it’s alowing me to invest again, does this mean the limit isn’t implemented ? It also states largest investment is £2k?

2 Likes

That’s a bug and will be fixed ASAP :slight_smile: Sorry!

1 Like

It may be where Monzo enabled customers to pledge but Crowdcube enabled existing shareholders to pledge so they may have pledged twice but the system not picked that up

Here’s those documents for this round -

Financial Snapshot

Articles of Association

Explanatory Note

3 Likes

Should all the existing investors have received an email this afternoon? I’m one, and I haven’t received anything.

Yes -

@tristan’s been asking existing investors in the developer’s Slack channel to DM him if they haven’t received an email, I expect he picks up DM’s from here too.

Just invested. Super excited to be part of this wonderful (financial) adventure

1 Like

With over £15m pledged I’m a little annoyed that the current investors can pledge yet again without the random ballot. I really feel as if I come late to the party and that with a limit of 2.5m the older investors can wipe a good chunk of that out from any new investors.

Am hoping I’ll be able to pledge some money in the next round, but I’m not being too hopeful. :frowning:

1 Like

and if you win an allocation in this ballot you will also have a guaranteed right to buy shares in the next round

As Tom’s explained, existing investors have pre-emption rights - which you’d expect too, if you had invested last time. If it’s any conciliation, it looks like I won’t have a chance to invest either! Although there will be several rounds of invites.

In retrospect there probably are other ways that Monzo could have set up this round of crowdfunding, to ensure that more users had a chance to invest. We’ve suggested a few ideas earlier in this post, I’d be interested to hear your thoughts.

3 Likes

No, not at all. As my post stated I think everyone should have a fair chance in each round regardless of status and all should be in a ballot upon each round.

If you read Tom’s comments about pre-emption rights which I included a link to in my previous post (& I can see that you haven’t), you’ll understand why they’re important.

3 Likes

Hi

On Crowdcube the pre-money valuation is stated to be £84,750,000.

Techcrunch and other media have reported the pre-money value of this round @ £65 million. Please may you explain the discrepancy? Link to Techcrunch below:

is the post-money valuation, after this round. Tom provided a breakdown here -

1 Like

Crowdcube clearly states pre-money:

Well spotted :eyes:

But that’s their mistake.

Here’s another comment from Tom confirming this -

Click the :arrow_down_small: to see what he’s agreeing with.

https://community.monzo.com/t/maintain-our-participation-resist-dilution/7622/12?u=alexs

1 Like