Announcing Our £22m Investment Round and Crowdfunding!

The original mail to me was dropped by my mail server (blacklist issues), but support@crowdcube.com were helpful and quick to send the appropriate link when I asked them.

Can’t figure out how to send a PM!

Just sent one to you :slightly_smiling_face:

Any other New users

won’t be able to either so you’ll just need reply to Naji’s comment instead.

1 Like

im a new user and new investor, go easy on me

2 Likes

Looks like even the employees of Passion Capital (who just invested 5m in Monzo, for this latest round of fundraising), have to invest in the crowdfunding too in order to get an investor card (every little helps) :laughing:

1 Like

looks like on current averages there will be about 3000 more slots?

hopeful - also not all existing investors will take up the option, i presume tomorrow the 48 hours will expire and more invites will hopefully go out.

The first 48 period will end at around midday today so the next batch of invites should be sent out this afternoon.

4 Likes

Thought I’d got one as I had an email from Crowdcube titled ‘Your exclusive invitation to a private pitch on Crowdcube’ but it was just crowdcube trying to get me to view a pitch for Sugru :confused:

2 Likes

If someone’s chance to invest passes the 48 hours, is that there chance over with?

I believe so, yes. As the chance to invest will be passed onto someone else in the ballot.

2 Likes

Just to clear something up… do existing investors get the 48 hour window as well?

1 Like

I’ve not seen anything suggesting otherwise so I assume that is the case.

1 Like

Yes, existing investors have the 48 hour window to invest too. All existing investors should have received the e-mail on Tuesday, if this isn’t the case and you would like to invest, please fire me a PM :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You snooze, you loose

1 Like

Quick update, from the developer’s Slack channel -

Woop! I have the e-mail.

Only question I have is that I get taken to the pitch page but it just has a box asking how much I want to invest and not the amount I pledged. Like so:

Does that mean it’s not picked me up correctly? Can I change the pledge amount? Confused.

Thanks!

Yeah, I’ve just had the same? Put in the same amount I pledged originally but no funds have been taken from my account yet. Is this the same for everyone?

From Crowdcube’s website:

Once a pitch has been closed to further funding we will send all investors an email providing seven working days to review the investment opportunity and read the Articles of Association. After this period has expired we will collect payments from all investors within 2-3 working days.

EDIT: This is what Monzo have put to answer this question on Crowdcube:

The pledged amount will be taken from your account within 2 -3 working days of us reaching the target amount.

1 Like

Ah man, I sure hope my email has been delayed in getting to me :joy:

2 Likes