Android Dev Update

That’s fine I guess, I’ll have to bring them out again :blush:

1 Like

Do we have a date for the full release? Also will this be adding more features to the app or is it just unlocking it to the “masses”.

1 Like

@ivan @hugo
Wheres the change log for 0.4.1?

I would also like to know as it is now a week past the date it was meant to be released :frowning:

I hope it’s not just opening it up to everyone. Really want some features to be added to start bringing it up to the same level as the iOS app

1 Like

It’ll be a bit of both :slight_smile: New features and opening it up to everyone. :soon:

1 Like

Great, look forward to it. Assume there is no set date yet, or at least that date is moving around?

I would also like to know this. Also, for curiosity’s sake, why the delay?

There’s a few things that took longer than expected that we’re really keen to get in the app before it launches publicly :slight_smile: Specifically, that’s things that make life easier for our amazing customer support team (eg. verifying your identity from within the app). Building everything from scratch, especially at the beginning when it was just one engineer (Jonas), means that unfortunately it takes time :frowning: BUT I think you’ll really like it when it comes :slight_smile:

As you’ll see from the frequency of updates that are coming in to the beta app right now, we’re very close :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks Tristan :slight_smile: I wasn’t complaining or anything; I for one would like a more polished app and to wait a little longer than something that has half the functionality! :smiley:

1 Like

Agreed - we’ve got the bare bones working for us now and the incremental updates are working really well. No sense in changing this approach!

So FYI, I opened the app last night and was able to sign up for a card :smiley: I didn’t get a notification or anything so anyone at the top of the list, have a look.

Finallllyyyy :smiley:

1 Like

Well, on Wednesday afternoon, I opened the app and at last it told me I could get a card (it didn’t give me a push notification though). After only a couple of required details it let me top up and said I’d get the card on Friday. I was eagerly awaiting for Friday but to my amazement it arrived on Thursday!

I used it quite a bit out and about shopping and eating, coffee’s etc. yesterday, including topping up while in a queue to pay, and the funds were available within 10 seconds.

The app, although still in beta worked flawlessly I’m pleased to say. So nothing to report apart from being very impressed so far.

The card was declined in one of the two carparks I used in Bristol, but worked everywhere else during the day.

6 Likes

Hm odd, I’m top of the list but haven’t got anything like that yet. I guess it must be a slow roll out at the moment

There’s quite a lot of people who are at the front. When the app launches properly in a few days you’ll get a card. Don’t worry

I imagine it’ll happen in order of when you reached the top, I reached the top a couple of months ago…

Update: We’re aiming for launch this Thursday (unless something catostrophic happens!) :smiley:

3 Likes

Great to hear. Can’t wait to see what more features you introduce. :grinning:

Wicked, all the more reason to be looking forward to the weekend!