Android Dev Update

Any reason you don’t use it? Just curious

AOSP/Cyanogen user with no interest in signing up for a Google account or their related apps.

I’m guessing a similar annoyance for Kindle Android users who have no interest in using the Google Play store.

Ah right okay. Let me see what I can do

Much appreciated Josh.

Check your private messages

1 Like

Good spot - thanks for sharing!

The initial sneak peek for the android app featured a spending/ balance graph at the top of the display. I seem to be missing that and even after several thorough searches I couldn’t find it. Is that not included in the beta version or am I missing something?

On another note, how can we Android users submit merchant name & icon changes? My feed often looks a bit blank or has random icons that clearly don’t go with the shop.

I know the public launch is coming soon and I’m hoping it’ll have loads of new features, but I’m just too impatient :grin:

@thejayo well spotted :slight_smile:

Reporting merchant improvements is a feature that it still to come. I think we’ll have it around :soon:

The balance graph is more tricky, we’ve been working on some conceptual improvements on the iOS app and it might happen that we decide to nail that new version and build it for both platforms at the same time instead of building the “old” one for Android that we know contains some mistakes.

1 Like

Just noticed a new update in the Play Store. Looks like just a bug fix rather than feature enhancements this time.

Hey Tristan, any update on the android release? Still on track for mid September/15th release?

Not quite :slight_smile: We’ve pushed back by a bit — still September but probably later than mid. Sorry about that!

Great news that it’ll be coming soon, I’m mega excited to get started using it! Just a quick question for those of us at the top of the que, how will you go about getting my address for sending the card? AFAIK I haven’t input my address anywhere yet

Thanks

Once you are offered a card you’ll have to input the normal details.

Awesome, thanks for the tip, can’t wait to get going with it

1 Like

Hello everyone,

We have released a new version of the Android app (0.4.0) to the public beta channel on the Play Store. It’ll be ready to download in a few hours!

This version includes:
:credit_card: Top up with debit card
:sunrise: Image placeholders for transactions without merchant icons

I hope you enjoy these new features and let us know if you find any issues. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Hopefully the next update will be the public one right?:yum:

3 Likes

Anyway to request specific users for this beta version? :grin:

1 Like

The beta version is super easy to join for anyone — just go to the Monzo Google Play Store page and scroll to the bottom. There should be a button there where you can join the beta :slight_smile: (Provided you’re willing to deal with a few bugs hear and there!)

sorry for being stupid but do people who download the real Android app get a card delivered to them? I went to your office a while ago but I’m trying to get friends to sign up. Do they also have to come down to your office near Old Street?

They will once the public version goes live later this month but atm the app is for people with cards or who get given them by staff