- Clean, simple interface
- Merchant icons, google location
- Spending psage is okay, very simple, Where are the graphs?
- Payments with friends, probably the only reason I got Monzo, although most competitors have this too.
- Chat functionality
Not so good
- You make people top up £100 to use a beta. I just dont understand this from a start up perspective. You need the people more than the people need you. Was points off Monzo in my mind before i even used it. Its all about reducing life admin. If other companies can send out a little piece of plastic for free why cant you? good will is important.
- Contactless payments seem unreliable, my HSBC, Amex and Revolut are 100%
- Not even an option to password/fingerprint protect the app? Wow.
- Exchange rates not as good as Revolut. Did a comparison when travelling
- Notifications are unreliable, its one of the coolest things getting a notification once youve spent your cash
What I would like
-Option of password of print protection
- Option to reduce font size
- More detailed spending analysis, graphs etc
- Page to see exactly what is included in your plan i.e. top up limit, atm withdrawl limit etc
Good but still lackng in some areas I feel. Right now a good secondary card to Revolut, since they reduced their monthly ATM withdrawl limit from 500 to 200. Monzo is the secondary backup for now. All the best Monzo hope you can smash it!