Nopeā€¦

Unless youā€™re driving and posting at the same timeā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Sheesh, you do a thing ONE TIME!!..:joy:

1 Like

Better be on my best behaviour then.

You on a final warning as well then?

1 Like

Yes. I said bye to someone that was leaving.

We hear this too! Of course the same rules apply to the Coral Crew as much as anyone else. And we have an additional Code of Conduct covering the behaviour we expect from Coral Crew members.

I want to say that itā€™s not the case that weā€™d automatically side with the CC in a dispute. The CC are folks weā€™ve picked out that make consistent, valuable contributions to the community. That usually goes hand-in-hand with sharing a lot of our values, which is why we tend to ā€˜agreeā€™ more with them.

But we try to be impartial. Weā€™ve given out warnings to Coral Crew members before, and even removed folks from the program in the past.

Please let me know if thereā€™s ever a specific instance where weā€™re letting you down here, and Iā€™ll investigate it fairly. Thanks.

7 Likes

I still feel it would be best to move on from the Coral Crew and have proper moderators who are as independent as Monzo staff.

On a number of occasions, Iā€™ve flagged a few Coral Crew posts because I felt they were enflaming a situation rather than calming it because of their strong view at defending Monzo.

By the way, I donā€™t mean all Coral Crew members just a couple of users posts on particular issues.

6 Likes

I have sort of the opposite concern than @danmullen and @Chapuys. Iā€™ve noticed that there are/have been some people who are very good at technically staying within the CoC to avoid warnings, but post seemingly only to troll or antagonise people, with no constructive input (critical or otherwise). This can go on for weeks or months, and in some cases still goes on, and doesnā€™t do anything except create discord.

Are there any plans to deal with this kind of ā€˜under-the-radarā€™ trolling?

11 Likes

Agreed, I think Monzo should just scrap the ā€˜Coral Crewā€™ it has a stupid name and serves no purpose IMO.

If they want someone to manage the forum e.g. delete, merge and hide topics etc. then they should just hire people internally for this instead of relying on members to do it this way everyone will be the same on here.

2 Likes

Personally, I appreciate all the work the Coral Crew do. They arenā€™t perfect (who is?), but this forum would be a mess without them. They do a lot of work to merge duplicate threads and I believe they alert staff when thing are getting out of hand. There isnā€™t nearly enough staff engagement at the moment to keep the forum running smoothly without the Coral Crew. If anyone has issue with individual Coral Crew members, thereā€™s nothing to stop them from raising the concerns with Richard or Simon, or flagging inappropriate posts. The Coral Crew are just forum users that put in extra time and energy, but definitely not above ā€˜the lawā€™!

16 Likes

To add to this, if thereā€™s anything you feel we can do better or are doing wrong please let us know. We value the feedback!

It can be a lot of work to keep on top of all the threads here so if you see something that you feel needs cleaning up donā€™t be afraid to tag us and weā€™ll take a look.

You can tag all the CC at once by mentioning @Coral-Crew.

12 Likes

Actually, there is.

Up until recently, Iā€™ve read everyone of your posts with the biggest Tom Jones accent.

Then you took the ā€œwhere is your accent fromā€ test, and you said you donā€™t have a Welsh accentā€¦ This has caused irreparable harm to my forum experience! :joy:

Also agree with this, which is something I mentioned earlier.

Itā€™s all well and good ā€œreading the words, not the toneā€, but if 99% of people are reading the tone, perhaps the issue isnā€™t with the 99%, but with the person writing itā€¦

5 Likes

I think its fair enough taking away the second warning on here as listed above as it makes more sense and stops troublemakers. But I donā€™t think if you have had warnings in the past they should be reset I think they should stay.

I am so sorry for this, if youā€™d like to raise it with Richard or Simon you know where they are :slight_smile:

Weā€™re aware of this being an issue within the CC. Itā€™s something that frustrates me on times.

4 Likes

Apparently Iā€™m on my second warning but Iā€™ve only ever had one red envelope message and that wasnā€™t a warning.

Whatā€™s the score?

2 nil surely?

Not sure Monzoā€™s CWCO is very good at math, back in the day I got my temporary ban then perm ban all after a single warning / offence. Good think itā€™s only a forum and not a bank :wink:

They say they treat us and coral crew the same, thatā€™s rubbish as look here. What happens if you break this Code of Conduct?

Just like the main Code of Conduct, weā€™ll send you a warning if something youā€™ve said or done seems out of line. On a third warning, we may briefly revoke your status as a member of the Coral Crew or permanently take you out of the programme. But we hope that doesnā€™t happen!

Hmmm so certain people get the full three while others get the 2 and a straight ban but the conditions above is full of we may, we could, we mightā€¦:confused:

2nd of all itā€™s not even a ban after 3 warnings just removal from the C.C. So in reality itā€™s 5 warnings (at the very least) to be banned how lovelyā€¦:thinking::smirk: