Age limit?

Hi :wave:t2:
Just wondering is there an age limit for the #Monzo card ? I’m thinking of getting my daughter one BUT she is only 13 would it be possible :woman_shrugging: To help her save, thanks xx

Hi :wave:t2:

I think Monzo only cater for 16-18 year olds at the moment: 16 Plus

There are a few threads about possible family/ children accounts here on the forum!

1 Like

@JustJordds many thanks, I did try to find out but I’m not good with technology :woman_facepalming:t3: Lol :joy:

Go Henry, Nimbl, Osper are probably good alternatives until she’s 16, they all teach responsible banking.

https://www.nimbl.com

2 Likes

Also if you want a basic account, or don’t want to paid a monthly fee something like BarclayPlus or Metro cash, NatWest Adapt. You need to have more trust with these, but they feel more grown up.

2 Likes

I use Metrobank for my little one, I have had no issues.

2 Likes

Nationwide FlexOne Account is quite good. 11 years and up, comes with a Visa debit card and works with Apple/Google Pay, etc.

1 Like

@BethS @Rika :wave: are there any :mondo: updates on accounts for 11-15 year olds? I remember it being mentioned a few times a team being created and making a simpler version without loans/overdraft and lower limits. Was this put on the back burner or is it secretly being worked on? :eyes:

Will it now be worked on again now that the US accounts have launched?

2 Likes