Additional Categories

It would be great to include and Health & Beauty category. Thanks

1 Like

Hey Chloe! We will be reviewing the categories soon and this is a suggestion that makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

1 Like

Excellent shout! What about a sports and leisure category too?

4 Likes

I would also like this. It would be great to be able to see exactly how much I spend on health, beauty, toiletries etc. I donā€™t mind the lack of multiple categories per transaction in this case: I could just pay for those items as a separate transaction and categorise them as Health & Beauty. Itā€™d just be a big help to easily see just how much Iā€™m spending there.

2 Likes

Having custom categories would be great! Also ability to split one payment into few different categories!

1 Like

Custom categories are a (very) popular request, hereā€™s the latest on where Monzoā€™s got to -

https://community.monzo.com/t/custom-categories-19/7555/4?u=alexs

And hereā€™s Hugoā€™s (Monzoā€™s Head of Designā€™s) thoughts on splitting single payments into several categories -

https://community.monzo.com/t/custom-categories-1/649/14?u=alexs

2 Likes

There are many suggestions for Custom Category function. However, in the meantime, a ā€˜Medicalā€™ (or ā€˜Healthā€™) Category would, I think, be useful.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, the categories are due to be reviewed after the current accounts launch so if you can think of any others, please do share them :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve been using the new current account for a few weeks now and the one thing that is bothering me (that hasnā€™t really bothered me in the 18 months Iā€™ve been using Monzo) is the lack of category flexibility.

Some specific examples:

• Iā€™m moving as much as I can to my Monzo CA however I still have savings accounts and ISAs with other banks - Iā€™ve set up a standing order and would like to categorise this transaction as Savings instead of Bills or General.
  • Iā€™d like a Medical or Health category to categorise prescription payments and gym membership.
  • Iā€™d like a Salary category to categorise my income.

Iā€™m sure I will come up with some more overtime.

Just my 2c :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I agree, I think there are plans to add some more categories :slight_smile:

1 Like

We know that this category is on the way, as it was included in Hugoā€™s preview of the new Spending Breakdown tab :tada:

As Terry says, itā€™d be logical to add category(s) to cover those other two types of transaction for the current accounts :crossed_fingers: watch this space..

Iā€™ve moved your post here to keep all of the category suggestions in one place, I hope thatā€™s ok.

Good idea. I would like charity to be added. Does anyone know if there are plans for that?

1 Like

A simple category ā€œKidsā€ and would work.