Additional Categories

It would be great to include and Health & Beauty category. Thanks

1 Like

Hey Chloe! We will be reviewing the categories soon and this is a suggestion that makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

1 Like

Excellent shout! What about a sports and leisure category too?

4 Likes

I would also like this. It would be great to be able to see exactly how much I spend on health, beauty, toiletries etc. I don’t mind the lack of multiple categories per transaction in this case: I could just pay for those items as a separate transaction and categorise them as Health & Beauty. It’d just be a big help to easily see just how much I’m spending there.

2 Likes

Having custom categories would be great! Also ability to split one payment into few different categories!

1 Like

Custom categories are a (very) popular request, here’s the latest on where Monzo’s got to -

https://community.monzo.com/t/custom-categories-19/7555/4?u=alexs

And here’s Hugo’s (Monzo’s Head of Design’s) thoughts on splitting single payments into several categories -

https://community.monzo.com/t/custom-categories-1/649/14?u=alexs

2 Likes

There are many suggestions for Custom Category function. However, in the meantime, a ‘Medical’ (or ‘Health’) Category would, I think, be useful.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, the categories are due to be reviewed after the current accounts launch so if you can think of any others, please do share them :slight_smile:

I’ve been using the new current account for a few weeks now and the one thing that is bothering me (that hasn’t really bothered me in the 18 months I’ve been using Monzo) is the lack of category flexibility.

Some specific examples:

• I’m moving as much as I can to my Monzo CA however I still have savings accounts and ISAs with other banks - I’ve set up a standing order and would like to categorise this transaction as Savings instead of Bills or General.
  • I’d like a Medical or Health category to categorise prescription payments and gym membership.
  • I’d like a Salary category to categorise my income.

I’m sure I will come up with some more overtime.

Just my 2c :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I agree, I think there are plans to add some more categories :slight_smile:

1 Like

We know that this category is on the way, as it was included in Hugo’s preview of the new Spending Breakdown tab :tada:

As Terry says, it’d be logical to add category(s) to cover those other two types of transaction for the current accounts :crossed_fingers: watch this space..

I’ve moved your post here to keep all of the category suggestions in one place, I hope that’s ok.

Good idea. I would like charity to be added. Does anyone know if there are plans for that?

1 Like

A simple category “Kids” and would work.