Adding money to your Monzo bank account (Card Top-up and cash)

Hi Monzonauts, :rocket:

Today I’ll start a discussion about adding money to your account. Mainly two ways which interest me the most. :chart_with_upwards_trend:

Obviously, there are many different ways of adding money to one’s bank account. Feel free to discuss other possibilities​:money_mouth_face: How would you like to be able to add money to your/somebody else account when Mozno opens the current accounts?:slightly_smiling_face:

BY CARD💳
Question: Will that option still be working with the Monzo bank account?

I think it definitely should!
Why? For example, I have a GBP account in Poland. Sadly, the only free thing I can do with my Polish bank account are online card purchases (a top-up is seen this way! so I manage to transfer money from Poland to UK for free :sunglasses: )

CASH💷
Knowing that Monzo will not have branches:
Question: How will we be able to pay-in cash?
Will Monzo have a scheme with another bank that we can use their branch? E.g. such as CitiBank where somebody having a Citibank account can pay in money/checks in any Lloyds branch. The downside of this was the waiting time (3-5days!) for the money to arrive in the account.

Best,

Aleks

2 Likes

agree with you on both points

Here’s a round up of the discussion about cash deposits -

And after yesterday’s Monzo.me posts I’m not going to comment on the payment by card option :zipper_mouth: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi! Very new to monzo and not sure if this is the right topic to reply under. Recently went abroad with friends and one of my friends wanted to take advantage of my monzo exchange rate so we topped up my monzo with her debit card. Would be great to have a feature where you can add notes to the top up or somehow assign money top up/spend against people so they can be easily grouped. Almost like splitwise but … Also not.

Absolutely love instant card top up, please retain! Has made it so useful travelling, and will continue to be my main method of top up. Tnx [quote=“Aleanthor, post:1, topic:7278, full:true”]
Hi Monzonauts, :rocket:

Today I’ll start a discussion about adding money to your account. Mainly two ways which interest me the most. :chart_with_upwards_trend:

Obviously, there are many different ways of adding money to one’s bank account. Feel free to discuss other possibilities​:money_mouth_face: How would you like to be able to add money to your/somebody else account when Mozno opens the current accounts?:slightly_smiling_face:

BY CARD💳
Question: Will that option still be working with the Monzo bank account?

I think it definitely should!
Why? For example, I have a GBP account in Poland. Sadly, the only free thing I can do with my Polish bank account are online card purchases (a top-up is seen this way! so I manage to transfer money from Poland to UK for free :sunglasses: )

CASH💷
Knowing that Monzo will not have branches:
Question: How will we be able to pay-in cash?
Will Monzo have a scheme with another bank that we can use their branch? E.g. such as CitiBank where somebody having a Citibank account can pay in money/checks in any Lloyds branch. The downside of this was the waiting time (3-5days!) for the money to arrive in the account.

Best,

Aleks
[/quote]

Ok, I definitely feel like a complete idiot, so please be patient.

I want to add money to my account.

The original app was easy – I tapped a big obvious button and barabing, I could send money to my account.

In the new app, the bank account app… it is not obvious. Not with big buttons, not with menu… I can’t find the way to add money!!

Online, on Google, I ask how… and I get community help… this page for example. Which is nice. But… doesn’t help!!

So… can someone just answer me simply?

And perhaps, can someone from Monzo check their online presence so that dolts like me can find simple “HOW TO” on the site or on the app…?

Go to Accounts tab and you will see the option you’re looking for

Screenshot_20180125-181014__01

Press the “Account” button - then you should have an option at the top called Top Up.

Can you see it?

This is on iOS - are you on Android?

Nope, no Account button. Just Card. And on that page, I have FREEZE CARD and Forgot Pin… no other option.

Have you definitely got the latest version of the application? Are you on Android or iOS?

Thanks, it is App 2.0.0 alpha-3. Using android.

That sounds like the current account preview app. You need to switch back to the ‘old’ prepaid card Monzo app, upgrade your account from within there (which will merge all the data from your current account), and then you’ll get all the nice features, including top-up and Pots.

2 Likes

Yes, i thought i had done all that.

There seems to be confusion somewhere. The app store days ‘monzo’ and it is installed, but my app is called Monzo Bank. And the Monzo Bank app is asking me to download.

I don’t see the point of having two apps. I have downloaded the other app and it now fits what has been described above.

Thanks for everyone’s help!

2 Likes

No problem - you shouldn’t need the other app anymore… Stick to the one that allowed you to top up your bank account! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could I be able to top up from my bank account using PayM?