'Active' pot for card payments

A toggle switch on each pot, toggle on and that is the pot the card payments come from until it is toggled off… Toggled off = default pot.

Yeah fair point. Could come in handy for some people :+1:t2:

Scenario: “I’m sorry that pot is now empty, which pot should I use now?”

How would Monzo know the preferred order for pot usage, do I have to maintain that too? So I have to set a preferred pot, then think about the order of my pots as well?

Starting to sound like just as much work as, I dunno, using Pots as they are and transferring money out of them when needed?

I dunno, I kinda see it as very simple in my head, the default pot would the normal top level pot as standard, when I go on holiday and select my holiday pot and use that until i select another, if the holiday pot is empty then transaction declined as would be the normal for any bank account.

Im not a programmer but i see this as a fairly simple and very convient feature and function.

1 Like

Fair enough.

I think this is the bones of the challenge here though, your usage still includes a choice ‘I’m on holiday use my holiday pot’ that I personally don’t wanna have to make. Just use my balance and if it’s low I’ll top it up myself.

Maybe its just cos I know I’d forget to set my holiday pot as the default… but as with all these things I guess there are a myriad of usage permutations to figure out.

1 Like

Exactly

2 Likes

I’m guessing it’s a bit like

If toggle on then do x
If toggle off then do y

Easipeasi… :rofl::joy::joy:

The main voting thread for spending directly from a pot can be found here:

1 Like

Hi there,

Just wondering if making a debit card/Apple pay transaction or online payment from a chosen pot (without having to transfer money back to the main joint account every time) is any nearer in development?

I have pots for every thing and this would make life a lot easier!!

So for example, I have a petrol pot with a certain amount going in for the month when I get paid. It would be great if when buying petrol I could choose the right pot to pay from instead of transferring money back from the pot!

1 Like

Let’s try and keep the discussion of this idea in one place.