ACH debits are now enabled 🚀

Exactly. It sounds crazy. When Venmo works fine with Monzo, Venmo’s parent company PayPal doesn’t play nice with Monzo. While CashApp works fine with Monzo debit card, it doesn’t accept Monzo bank account number. Not sure where the actual issue is - at Monzo end or other end. I think this is where Chime bank shines. Chime even works with Mint.com and Plaid.

It’s better if you use a Visa card - it’s normally instant

1 Like

I am not trying to transfer money out from PayPal. Trying to use Monzo to pay through PayPal. Whenever I make a payment using PayPal, the money will be pulled from Monzo. In order to make it happen, first I need to verify and link my Monzo account to PayPal. This is where I am stuck as the trial deposits from PayPal are not showing up at Monzo :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Monzo should really be a launch partner / member of https://fasterpaymentscouncil.org

2 Likes

The issue with PayPal deposits is that our ACH intermediary classes anything from PayPal (specifically PayPal, not just any company owned by PayPal) as a particular class of deposits. They have slightly different logic for them compared to everything else, and it is currently not configured correctly to interact with our API for receiving notifications of these transactions. We’re working with them to fix this ASAP.

This issue is on CashApp’s side. We’ve been in touch with some contacts we have at Square and they’re looking to fix this for us :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

My PayPal trial deposits have just shown up, so it looks like that issue has been resolved.

3 Likes

Ah you beat me to it!

I’ve just made sure all micro deposits from PayPal have been applied to accounts, but this is limited to payments made since the 11th of February. I’ve got a tad more work to do to get everything from before the 11th done - I’ll be working on that next :sparkles:

7 Likes

Same here. Glad to complete the verification and linking Monzo with PayPal. Thanks a lot to Monzo team

3 Likes

I had a returned payment fee on my credit card due to ACH issues. The card issuer refunded the fee but hopefully ACH is a bit more robust now.

1 Like

Oh. When did you make that payment and who was that credit card company? This will help me to check with my credit card company.

I’m kind of glad Citibank lets me pay using my debit card number, even if I have to call and get a representative to process the payment.

1 Like

Cashapp, PayPal, and USAA are still not working.

2 Likes

We’re still working with CashApp and USAA to get this working in their systems, but PayPal should be working now.

Does PayPal attempt to send verification deposits? Do you still have previous, outstanding verification deposits?

1 Like

Paypal just gives me an error

I was able to connect it successfully. Yet to make a transfer. But my spouse has a problem with linking Monzo to PayPal. The following error message is repeated:

2 Likes

Thats what I get

1 Like

Unfortunately this does look to be on PayPal’s side. Are you able to reach out to their support?

1 Like

Oh. I thought you guys are still working to resolve this linking issue. Will try to contact PayPal.

1 Like

Fair enough! The issue we had to resolve was regarding crediting the verification deposits, which we’ve now fixed. This screenshot seems to show PayPal rejecting early in the flow, before sending the deposits.

2 Likes

I phoned, but each time I call they say wait 24 or 48 hours. I do, call back and no success.

2 Likes