Zopa Discussion

Agreed. Nothing to react to atm.

1 Like

Moneybox 32 day notice powered by Investec at 3.75% now. It’s a flip of a coin whether or not Chip decides to respond

1 Like

I just put my Zopa cash into a 31 day notice for 3.6%, F’s sake :smiley:

If it’s a boost, they’ll up the rate.

2 Likes

It’s a boost pot, yeah

That is the boosted rate :rofl:

2 Likes

Doh :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Not really comparing like with like with Chip being instant access. A month can feel a long time to wait for your money! I hope Chip do respond, though - I like surprises :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just received the ‘official’ email from Zopa on the update:

We’re getting in touch to let you know that rates for our Smart Saver are changing. Here’s what that means for you:

The new rate for your Access pots will be: 3.46% AER variable* (3.40% gross**). This was applied to your account on 19/05/23. The old rate was: 3.34% AER* variable (3.29% gross**).

The new rate for your 7 Day Boosted pots will be: 3.50% AER variable* (3.44% gross**). This was applied to your account on 19/05/23. The old rate was: 3.38% AER* variable (3.32% gross**).

The new rate for your 31 Day Boosted pots will be: 3.60% AER variable* (3.54% gross**). This was applied to your account on 19/05/23. The old rate was: 3.45% AER* variable (3.39% gross**).

The new rate for your 95 Day Boosted pots will be: 3.70% AER variable* (3.63% gross**). This was applied to your account on 19/05/23. The old rate was: 3.55% AER* variable (3.49% gross**).

2 Likes

Seems the email was 2 days late, that was done 2 days ago

Tandem now upping their rate - if you currently have the Top Up of 0.35% the new rate (if I read this right) is 3.75%.

I’m hanging in until I see Chip up the game.

1 Like

Chip upped to 3.82

1 Like

That may explain why it’s taking ages to login

1 Like

Just seen Zopa is now offering a Cash ISA in beta… but only at 2.5% for instant access? Seems weird that they’d launch something with a rate so much worse than competitors.

It’s always going to be lower to account for it being tax-free. However, that is still rather uncompetitive.

2 Likes

At Triodos the cash ISA rate is higher than instant access

About time, but not enough - 3.99% would have been better, of course , not my call.

3 Likes

Hoped they’d match or beat Hanley BS to get to the top of the MSE table

1 Like

I don’t see anyone else moving to 4.25% anytime soon.

The Hanley one is pretty restrictive as well.

Just a point about Raisin, in case someone has no experience of them. Raisin is a third party or indirect marketplace. The rates offered are sometimes decent, but their processes and interface are very slow. Well, comparatively. Certainly of no use to anyone who likes instant transactions and transfers.

Only thing in their favour is that often the rates offered are better than going to the source institution direct, and sometimes cashback is offered via such as MSE.