Zopa Discussion

Zopa is now a bank!

I have a vague memory that they were going for a banking licence, but this is all new to me:

Now we have our banking licence, we’ll soon be launching our new Fixed Term Savings account, Credit Card and Money Management app. Sign up below to be the first to hear more and find out how you can be the first to test them.

Sounds a bit Tandem.

Thoughts?

1 Like

A modern credit card is always a good thing.

2 Likes

Sounds like no current account to start with and a lot more product focused than some when starting out…

1 Like

Very interesting to see what rate fixed savers they’ll offer and if they are protected, also very interested in to see what credit cards they’ll offer

Making the media:

Interview with Zopa’s CEO

1 Like

Most recent?

Sounds very much like they’ve built with current customers in mind. Secretly partnering with Starling? :wink:

Been with Zopa with an ISA investment for a few months now.

I do like that I’m possibly getting 4.9% back currently. This can vary depending on the loans you support which is automatic.

I’m reducing my current savings to pay off a credit card and reduce my PayPal credit balance, but I will be sticking with a Zopa ISA for savings.

1 Like

Just bumping this thread with news that they finally released their borrowing power tool.

It sounds like Monzo might be building something similar. :eyes:

https://www.zopa.com/borrowing-power

Edit: just checked mine, 9/10 and marked down 1 for not having credit card history. bah :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like
2 Likes

Hadn’t noticed before but there credit card is now on offer and are now offering fixed rate savings

1 Like

Interesting.

It has instant payment notifications and real-time balance updates and no fees abroad. Also on VISA network. That’s most of what got me interested in Jaja. Maybe worth a look.

1 Like

The Zopa borrowing power tool is quite interesting. I currently have a loan on 2.8% interest with them.

They mark me as 10/10 with ‘Great’ in every category. (I am fortunate and have an ‘excellent’ credit rating with Equifax, Experian and TransUnion.)

But Zopa has gone from offering me 7.9% to now saying they can’t offer me a loan. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Looks like Zopa has launched a credit card

Looks quite good, if I actually needed another credit card I’d be tempted to get one.

No open banking API. Wonder if it’s on the horizon

I actually just got approved for one as was checking my credit file and seen what offers, awaiting it to be delivered now, there is a nice option where you can set X amount from your limit u cannot spend and they will decline any transactions over your personal set limit

3 Likes

What was the application process like? Monzo-esque in the app, or something else?

I was on my Mac, on the money saving credit monitor site checked offers and went through that, that transferred all details to the pre check check, literally updated some personal details and tick to confirm t&c’s etc and done.

I created a password and it used the same email address linked with the credit monitor account, just downloaded app and installed all set up.

Set my max spend limit so gave myself a “buffer”, they don’t have DD facility yet, you can set up debit card payments to pay the monthly statement.

Looks ok will so what happens if and when I actually use the card :wink:

1 Like

Don’t have a credit card with them but I asked in-app chat if anything is on the horizon. Customer support responded quickly saying they’ll check with developers and get back to me. 3 weeks and a couple of reminders later I’m still waiting…

3 Likes

How is the Zopa app? I’m looking for a good, app-based credit card with 0% Fx fees so if JPM won’t launch a credit card straightaway (or if it won’t offer 0% fx) I might look at Zopa

1 Like