Your Mondo stories

We’d love to think that our lovely Alpha and Beta testers are enjoying lots of adventures with their Mondo card.

Today we’re [posting a blog] (https://getmondo.co.uk/blog/2016/05/17/dog-ate-my-card/) about an enthusiastic Shiba Inu puppy called Eleanor and her Mondonaut owner Nick.

We wondered if there are any other stories out there waiting to be told. After all, the card colour makes it a bit of a talking point :heart_eyes:, it’s been all over the world :airplane: and transaction data is making people get creative with their money :money_with_wings:

If Mondo has helped you chat to a new friend, get a flight upgrade, travel to fun places… or if you have any (probably much more creative!) Mondonaut adventures, share them here and we might just send you some swag :wink:

This is a Bah humbug post Im afraid from an Investor

much as I applaud your enthusiasm for promoting Mondo and trying to make it a “fun” youth orientated product - your main task is professionally looking after peoples money, and making it easier to manage your customers finances - stories of “scoring a date” because of using Mondo is in my opinion somewhat unprofessional for a bank ( when / if you become one ) - There will be quite a few shall I say “older” customers that don’t want Mondo to turn into a bank with blog posts of “Scoring dates”

sorry about that

1 Like

Hahaha love this. I think it’s nice to give a reminder to people that the bank is run by humans. :joy::joy:
I don’t have any stories since I havent got my card yet. The only thing I can say was that when I went on a training course through work I didn’t know anyone. I noticed someone had a mondo card and it gave a talking point, safe to say it was nice to get to know someone. :grinning:

PS. Love Eleanor😍

2 Likes

Fair enough, thanks Ian. I’m personally excited to hear when people have cool stories about the conversations they’ve had around our product, and seeing lots of these mini-stories on Twitter :upside_down_face:

We’ll be trialling a couple of new ideas around content over the next couple of weeks, and of course we’ll take all feedback into account when we run new stories on the blog.

If there is content that you’d be more interested in hearing about, do let me know :blush:

3 Likes

I am very excited to read stories of how using Mondo makes users lives easier to manage financially, how great the exchange rates are, how quickly the notifications come through , ease of searching expenses, being able to freeze your card when your dog eats it and how quickly it was replaced, etc etc etc and all tweets and press stories on these subjects gets Mondos name out there as how Mondo professionally makes users financial lives easier and more “fun” - great …

Or chatting to a new friend :wink: …thanks

1 Like

As an older user, I’m happy to hear of people getting dates with their mondo card :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just visited a nearby cafe :coffee: for the first time in a month or so, and was amazed when I was remembered as “the guy with the bright card :credit_card:”. The lady serving me even recalled my exact order from my last visit! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Yes! I love it when that happens… “your usual?” :raised_hands:

Finally saw another Mondo user in the wild today. Can’t believe it took this long.

2 Likes

I’m yet to meet another Mondo user out in the wild (apart from my partner and brother)! Looking forward to it though. I’ll try to keep my composure haha

:grin:

I made a £1 bet that Ronaldo would score a free kick in one of the games that I was watching. Low and behold I lost, and I used the app to send the money instantly. Gone are the days when IOUs become forgotten!

2 Likes

I guess it would help to know locations of people so we can look out for cards… not that I am a stalker or anything like that :eyes: anyway not seen a card yet.

I am in Uxbridge btw so if you do feel like a stalk be my guest.

1 Like

Umm… no

That would be a massive breach of privacy.

How would it be a breach of privacy if someone tells someone else where they are?