Working from Home

On that desk there is covers that snap over the legs and a hidden tray at the back to route all your cables.

Cable management is my #1 bugbear, made worse now I have two PCs running. I saw someone on here mention some (quite expensive) cable management boxes a while back. I forgot what they were called but they looked good :thinking:

I have a few of these and they do the job.

Where I’m in a half bodged set-up on the dining table, my cables are a bit of a mess. But I will have them hidden and neat when I have a proper set up.

That’s half the battle but I need one that will stop all my cables from running down the back of my desk/wall.

I will make/create/buy something like this

And then get some cheap trunking to hide behind a leg or something.

Stop being sensible and ruining my dream of a mega fancy desk :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Saving money on a desk means you can have 8 monitors like @BritishLibrary

2 Likes

If you put bait in then it can double as a mouse trap

1 Like

That’s my end goal, but the graphics card drought has put that on hold indefinitely :sob:

For now I’ll have to cope with 3 :pensive:

I wish I had 8 monitors. All my spare cash goes into that fountain pen fund.

I think I only have three because somewhere else in this thread / the Tech thread, I got Monitor Envy. (I think @ordog…)

My only regret currently is having different sized monitors :frowning:

I used to have more. But they were all different brands, sizes and a few were quite old. It really annoyed me.

Since my PC rebuild I planned to buy new ones but then I was told we’re working from home permanently. So I took 3 IPS ones from the office and ran :laughing:

Oh what have you done :frowning:

You want ones with a tiny bezel too :wink:

I got myself this to screw to the underside of my ikea desk.

Combined with a USB hub and a wireless keyboard and mouse, I’m pretty happy with my tidy desk set up.

1 Like

Does that hold the wires up enough that you can’t see them? The IKEA one looks very low.

What’s good these days for Tiny-standards?

I’m really contemplating swapping everything over for a pair of decent 1440p monitors, but to be honest I don’t really need to see my spreadsheets in any higher def.

I don’t know what the measurement is on mine but the actual monitor frame is about 1mm then there is a thin black border around the screen that is about 2mm.

I have 3 of these mounted onto a monitor arm.

Yep it does

4 Likes

Loving the green wall! I have one too :smiley:

2 Likes

The underside is a complete mess

2 Likes

Re fountain pens - may I recommend a brass kaweco?