Who needs payslips?! See your salary in Monzo before it gets paid

There is ref number in the pic…should I del the pic or is it ok?

It’s ok, nothing can be done without more info.

2 Likes

Hi @Punmanuk

I’ve moved your post here to keep all the chatter about this great feature in one place. Hope you don’t mind. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No worries dude. Also the g8 think is if you click on the future transactions…it even tells you what time it will clear…which is 1am

3 Likes

Thank you!
One more reason on my list for loving MONZO.

2 Likes

Saw it today! Fantastic :grin:

I might be asking a silly question here, but what is reversing a payment, and why would it needed to be done?

You know those card authorisations they take, normally £1 or 1p? They don’t get collected by the company so refund automatically after 7 days usually. If you can’t be bothered waiting you can reverse it before then

Aha, I never knew. Cheers. I think I’ve noticed this when travelling with tfl and when buying petrol. TfL especially as it’s always 10p at first and then whatever the final payment for the journey is a few days later.

1 Like

I’m due a tax credit payment tomorrow but it isn’t showing as a future payment. My child benefit did on Friday when it was due Tuesday. Is there a time when it will show on the app as a future paymrnt?

In the absence of a more knowledgeable or precise reply, my experience was to check back later in the morning (during “banking hours”) and it was showing as due tomorrow.

About 9AM

6 Likes

A direct debit for tomorrow has just shown up for me.

(Although I got a notification earlier saying that I didn’t have sufficient funds, but the feed item confusingly wasn’t there at that point to check).

We’re probably going to rewrite our balance alert service soon, it’s quite naive at the moment and doesn’t sync up well with these upcoming payments. We can we way cleverer now, since we know people’s salary a day early we can use this to offset any payments and not alert you if you’ll have enough after the pay comes in.

15 Likes

Amazing. This is one of many reasons I love Monzo.

:hot_coral_heart: :monzo:

2 Likes

Turns out I don’t get paid by BACs, which doesn’t surprise me given the nature of the third-party payroll company that pays me (never paid on the same day each month — today is just a random Wednesday!). But the morning notification of salary in my account is great none-the-less.

1 Like

Hey @kieranmch :wave:t3:

My salary is showing as I’m due to be paid tomorrow but it’s completely blank (other than the value), missing a name and the logo? Is this a known issue?

IMG_2792

1 Like

This is a known issue affecting people being paid by someone who Monzo have never seen before.

The technical context is that we don’t create merchants in our merchant services until the first payment actually arrives. This is fairly easily solved but I haven’t got around to it yet!

I’ll post an update when we do.

Thanks
Kieran

5 Likes

Thanks Kieran! Although, I’ve been full Monzo for around three months with my salary paid in each month. So surely the merchant should be recognised?

2 Likes

In that case I wouldn’t expect this to happen! If you DM me your email address I can take a closer look. Thanks for reporting!

5 Likes