What's your network name?

I didn’t pick up on what IP stands for in this case :monkey_face:

I know what IP means in IT world :nerd_face:

1 Like

Read it out loud and it should make sense. I wouldn’t want to explain it as most jokes aren’t so funny once explained

1 Like

The only thing worse than your emoji obsession is you finding the spoiler function!

7 Likes

I did it and I think I got it before asked :joy:
Still, was keen to double check :sweat_smile:

Wow, you are sooo clever :joy:, as much as cheeky :monkey:

2 Likes

Family name_5Ghz
Family name_2.4Ghz

Simple

1 Like

At uni our house one was “Pretty fly for a WiFi”

About a month after my housemate did it, we started seeing it pop up on things like Buzzfeed and LadBible which was quite funny

3 Likes

When we were with EE, our WiFi was called Wall-EE.

It’s now “Vision” and someone in our block called theirs “Wanda” :joy:

We’ve 2 chrome nests, one called Friday and the other called Hot Chip because it’s coral and I use it to play Spotify when I’m working. Shamelessly monzo :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve realised not many things support emojis for SSIDs, so I have one with :poop: as the name, and then one with is IoT-1F4A9, which is the network for internet of things with the Unicode for poop. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I can think of someone who can’t wait for the day when emoji as SSID will be widely adopted

But I can’t lie, I’d also love it so we’re kindred spirits in this respect

4 Likes

I’ve found it’s mostly some IoT things that drop off it when using emoji, also the PS4 didn’t seem to support Emojis when my friend brought it round.

So far, everything that’s running on :poop: is working fine :sunglasses:

1 Like

My mobile hotspot name is (and has been for some time!) Covid_5G_Mast

4 Likes

Mine’s “incorrect”. When I type it in wrongly or forget it I get a message stating your network name is incorrect :wink:

2 Likes

Get off my LAN!

2 Likes