What's your network name?

ItHurtsWhenIP is our flat’s name.

6 Likes

Mine is simply, The Internet. The guest network is The Guest Internet.

3 Likes

Both networks run on different VLANS

How much does it weigh? Is it at the top of Big Ben?

5 Likes

Mine is the date and time to the nearest minute that I set it up… Name my devices the same way too!

1 Like

Whenever I set up new wifi I give it the name and squad number of the Exeter City player who scored our most recent goal. :grin:

I got a new router a few weeks ago, so our current network name is Collins 10, commemorating Archie Collins’ screamer against Forest Green on Boxing Day.

4 Likes

Genius.

This is by far my favourite one! Amazing!!

Some of these names would be so confusing for me. I just use a location+device combo. Office speaker. Bedroom lamp. And the WiFi is just the factory default name

I need to up my network naming game. Some of these are brilliant :rofl: but as for devices I’m the same as @ndrw

1 Like

But what about passwords? Mine is snowwhiteandthesevendwarfs because it has to be eight characters.

6 Likes

This is my password:

4 Likes

Man walks into a pub. “What’s the WiFi password?”

“You have to buy something first.”

“OK, I’ll have a coke. What’s the WiFi password?”

“You have to buy something first. All lower case.”

13 Likes

You’re on fire today!

SevenBridesSevenBrothers🖕

14 characters and a digit?

2 Likes

With great power comes great responsibility :smile: .

1 Like

I’m boring. It’s just my router name. Maybe I should rename it!

1 Like

I have always gone for fawlty towers characters. When I was a kid at home I made my Dad’s Basil, my brother had Sybil and mine is Manuel. Feel I should have taken The Major but life is full of regret…!

3 Likes

Mrs. Richards, for sure.

Your glasses are…there.

Fun fact: I once worked with an actor called Robert McBain, who played one of the dead man’s friends in Fawlty Towers – Mr. Xerxes. He had never realised the three friends were essentially named X, Y and Z, until I pointed it out to him ha.

3 Likes