What's your Mondo user number?

Think the numbers would be static as once accounts are closed, the data still needs to remain for X* years to comply with AML. *remember reading it is at-least 5 years but could be wrong.

Definitely doesn’t reduce if a previous account is closed - your account number is fixed - with a full bank account people can use it to send money to you, etc, would be very inconvenient if it changed!
In theory you could reassign account numbers I suppose, but it’s just another thing to go wrong and lack of numbers isn’t really an issue.

I think we’re discussing two deferent things - the actual account number which is fixed, and the vanity number, which could be variable - earliest user still with an account, but I expect it too is fixed and refers to your position in terms of activation time, regardless of current account status.

I joined in December at went to Mondo office to pick up my card #419 :mondo: do love my brightly coloured hot coral card!!

Finally found it. Not too early not too late #2894

Found it! But it seems I was late to the party haha

Where do you find it in the Android app :joy:

yeah really annoying how so much new dev is happening on one platform only…

1 Like

Posting this for the benefit of Android users who’re new to the community, not to start another conversation -

#68257. I thought I was in pretty early!? Perhaps not!

You (we) will have been, once Monzo gets to million(s) of users :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I guess so, being under a 100,000 will be good when people see the light and move over when Monzo becomes a full bank.

6 Likes

If you’re an android user you can still find out your user number by calling the (undocumented) /profile endpoint in the API.

GET /profile?account_id=$account_id

Returns (with sensitive data removed):

{
    "user_number": 48084
}
3 Likes

I’m user 47679. I had so many people ahead of me think I queued about 3 months for a card :frowning:

User #0 And loving it!!Screenshot_20180126-123833

Interesting, I know someone who is also user #0 haha! Must be a bug.

Yea, I’ve checked the profiles of quite a few people I know who use monzo…if it is a bug, it’s a weird one at that.