What's the last bit of tech you bought?

Having used the Mrs’ M1 Air for the past few weeks, I just pulled the trigger on the new Mini. It’s £50 off the base model right now at Amazon so doubt it’ll much cheaper any time soon.

1 Like

How is it, I was thinking if getting this or potentially the velvitiser from Hotel Chocolat

That’s exactly what I was going to get. Then I read the difference being is that with the one I got you can add chocolate chunks in and therefore aren’t tied to expensive packets of Hotel Chocolat flakes.

It’s going to be a gift so I’ll let you know next year :smiley:

2 Likes

I have the velvetiser, it helped break my £4 a day coffee shop habit! The flakes are expensive at around £1.10 per sachet (maybe the tins of flakes are cheaper) but it is clearly still a large saving after a few months. I have tried other flakes from other companies, but honestly nothing comes close. You get what you pay for it seems. I alternate (daily) between original 70%, mint, and orange.

2 Likes

Sooo… Just wanted to post an update to my last 3D printing nonsense post. (I’ll stop after this promise).

Long story short - the thing I posted before was an entry for a competition - and I just found out today it came in 2nd place, and I’ve won a 2nd 3D printer!

Pretty chuffed :slight_smile:

8 Likes

The real problem will come when your 3d printer can print out 3d printers. That’s the beginning of the end. :eyes:

Congrats on the 2nd place btw!

4 Likes

Congrats!

Can you now print a printer for your printer?

Dammit: @tbutz beat me to my dad joke :rofl:

2 Likes

factories

2 Likes

The future is now!

There’s a huge open source around 3D printing… And the modern day flavour of it got its roots with ^ being that the device is capable of self replication!

Edit: I should add that Ms BritishLibrary is a bit concerned my hobby room our guest bedroom is just going to be lined with 3d printers.

2 Likes

Noctua CPU cooler. Much lower temps than the stock cooler.

4 Likes

I’m looking at selling all my Apple gear as I don’t really have a need for it now. Got a Note20 Ultra for Xmas :grin:

Got an iPhone 11 Pro Max 256gb, iPad Pro (with AppleCare), Apple Watch series 5, Apple Watch series 6, Apple Pencil 2, AirPod Pro’s all up for grabs if anyone would like anything before they go online.

Last thing is a new load of PC parts --upgrading most of it besides the GPU. Ryzen 5900x, motherboard, RAM and beefier PSU is on the way at some point.

1 Like

This awesome PSU.

Anyone wanting PC parts I recommend Novatech

Somebody on here recommended them to me when I was looking for a new PC last year and they’re excellent

2 Likes

I’ve got the 650x version of that PSU, while I can’t say much about how good a power supply is, it is very quiet and excels at keeping my PC on.

I’m considering a few upgrades to my set up too at the moment. Not sure I need anything mind…

1 Like

After holding out for so long, I today began expanding upon my very minimal home network, now that I’m using unifi hardware. I’ve added a small switch with PoE ports an a small corner shelf hiding behind my Kentia Palm, Connected to that is a new unifi nanoHD AP, and mounted on the ceiling. For now this setup is meshing wirelessly to my Dream Machine, but I plan to eventually hardwire the switch to the Dream machine.

I’ve also begun planning a retrofit to run some cabling throughout my house to terminate nearby various plug sockets. I’ll soon be adding one of the new early access WAN over LTE accessories connected to this new switch setup for some redundancy. Since moving to Unifi, I lost the ability to have some effective LTE redundancy in place of a broadband outage so it’ll finally be nice to get this back. Then I’ll just need to start propping up APs around the home for sheer coverage.

All things going well, my new network setup should be completed in March. Pretty excited. :grin:

2 Likes

WTF are you running on your network?!!!

I had a literal LOL when I found out what the Kentia Palm actually was.

I feel like a relative Luddite with my two unit Google WiFi with nothing hardwired.

1 Like

:rofl: Nothing out of the ordinary! I don’t think anyway. Bit of a hobby project of mine. WiFi dead spots make me angry (or any kind of connectivity issue for that matter). I’m too perceptive to even the smallest issues for my own good times, so if there’s something I can do to improve connectivity, resiliency, QoS, you can bet I’ll do it so long as it’s affordable.

Not quite at the point where I need a leased line for my home just yet! :joy: But someday, I’m sure if takes too long for FTTP.

Fun fact: Big Ken was the one Monzo Plus promo I actually used! Saved about £15 after the decorative pot. Grown to become quite a fan of Patch over lockdown!

1 Like

What condition and how much you after for the Apple Watch series 6?

Hi mate, it’s practically mint. Can’t see a mark on it. It’s the 44mm gps only version in blue and I’m asking £245 as this is what I can get if I put it through Music Magpie.

Let me know as it will all go to them in the new year.

1 Like

What you asking for the Apple Pencil?